Todd Collins staying Put | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Collins staying Put

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
'SKINS KEEP COLLINS

A league source tells us that the Redskins have reached an agreement to retain the services of quarterback Todd Collins.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I know alot out there loved this guy last year when he was playing good ball, but I personally never felt in love with like some did here. The guy is an older QB with not much of upside. I would prefer for us to make a run a Billy Volek who can turn out to be a much younger version of Collins. If Volek can return to the form he had when he was with Tennesee the guy could really help us out. The only real chance he with SD was the game against the COlts.​

It was no coincedence that the SKINS started winning as soon as Collins took over. There was a noticeable difference in the offense. They would have been stupid to let him go.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge Collins' fan, but he played very solid once he took over ... he MIGHT have been a nice stop gap for us for a year or two -- but it doesn't matter now.

McCnown is coming in for visit tommorrow. The guy showed trememndous upside when he was with the Cardinals, but his last two stints have had him sharing time with other Qbs and he has not really been able to shine due to injury

I love how people want to use the term stop gap esp when we drafted a QB last year. Do teams sell discount tickets when they use so called stop gap players.

Back
Top Bottom