Todd Perry is showing guts, and determination... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Perry is showing guts, and determination...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I want to talk about TODD PERRY tonight.....as I think he kind of deserves some credit right now. I personally---wanted an upgrade at his position....after seeing him play last season....and quite frankly....the DOlPHINS knew as well...that PERRY did not perform last season....as they had hoped...when they signed him from the BEARS.

We all know that PERRY had some personal family problems last season...and this no doubt had an effect on his concentation last season...and thus...his play was below what he had previously displayed while starting with the Bears.

In this past off-season.....the DOlphins were looking at his salary cap number....and were definately placing his name on the blackboard...for possible restructuring/or even an outright release.

However...because of all the injuries....and for good player depth in itself....the Dolphins decided to give PERRY the beneifit of the doubt...and told him that his play must raise to another level this season....and that they had planned on bringing in some competition.

Enter now LEON SEARCY.....the wily veteran from the UM....in which WANNY himself was very farmiliar with from his days there.

SEARCY came in to camp....and showed immediate team leadership from day 1....worked his ass off in the weight room...it literally got everyones attention who saw LEON;s great work ethic.

Then...once the mini-camps got going ....LEON seemingly looked very much better than PERRY....as all the talk was about SEARCY....taking the job away from PERRY.

And now....with the pads on....and with only a couple of days work in......things have kind of see-sawed the other way..... and this is where credit is due to PERRY>

TODD PERRY...so far....in the early going....has graded out higher than any other lineman thus far. He not only is outperforming SEARCY so far....he is getting some respect out there...from his teammates, the coaches...and even some of the more doubting fans....like myself.

The guy has a clear mind now....and he is playing like he has a chip on his shoulder.. He was told by WANNY that he still has his place at RG...#1 still on the depth chart...with SEARCY #2....heading into training camp.

If by bringing in SEARCY has given PERRY a wakeup call....well...he has responded in a manner.....unlike a past guy named HEATH IRWIN....who was the original Mr. "DIRECT DEPOSIT".....PERRY...who is also making a ton of money...has taken the other route.....and is really showing some GUTS...and some PRIDE for his starting position.

This is why I wanted to give PERRY some credit tonight....as I was definately one of his biggest antagonists.... even if PERRY does not win back his position....and WANS/WISE decides to go with SEARCY ahead of PERRY......it sure is nice to know that if something happened to SEARCY......we would not have the work ethic and pride of HEATH IRWIN going in there.

Todd PERRY....my most notable observation out at Dolphin camp today.... a tremendous show of pride so far..
DCH

They actually worked Leon Searcy at LG on two or thre plays tonight

Thanks for the insight. I'm really hoping Perry does return to form. Wasn't he also battling some injuries last season?

I'm a big Perry supporter, but...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Thanks for the insight. I'm really hoping Perry does return to form. Wasn't he also battling some injuries last season?

... I wonder if it's that Perry is looking so good or if it's that Searcy is hurt? My gutt tells me Searcy even after missing 2-years and not playing RG some in college he is a better RG than Perry. I guess we'll find out pretty soon. I just hope Searcy gets over the injury so we can see his best!

Oliver...

thanks DCH

This (OG ) should be still be a major battle. I can see Perry stepping it up, but would not expect Searcy to start strong considering he has never played OG and has basically not playefd in pads for 2 years.

Having 4 decent OGs would be a major blessing, but having no LT would certainly change some of Norv's play calling, so that now becomes #1 issue if it were not always.

In the long run Searcy will win this battle.Is like dolphan39 said Searcy is still learning OG plus I hear he is being bother by a pulled groin..

I would be more concerned about the pulled groin than Searcy not playing well at the moment. He was paid the minimum because of injury history. Now he's injured again. Shouldn't be much of a surprise I guess...

But the coaches say Searcy's in the mix at RG, LG, and LT. Personally if Brent Smith continues with the injuries/suckiness then I'd like to see Mark Dixon moved over to LT and Perry moved over to LG, Searcy at RG. I doubt Searcy could make the move to LG or LT in my opinion...

thanks for the update DCH.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Personally if Brent Smith continues with the injuries/suckiness then I'd like to see Mark Dixon moved over to LT and Perry moved over to LG, Searcy at RG.
100 % agree and sooner, rather than later

That's prob cause...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I would be more concerned about the pulled groin than Searcy not playing well at the moment. He was paid the minimum because of injury history. Now he's injured again. Shouldn't be much of a surprise I guess...

But the coaches say Searcy's in the mix at RG, LG, and LT. Personally if Brent Smith continues with the injuries/suckiness then I'd like to see Mark Dixon moved over to LT and Perry moved over to LG, Searcy at RG. I doubt Searcy could make the move to LG or LT in my opinion...

thanks for the update DCH.

... it's his groin hurt not his shoulder, but I'm really concerned about this gorin affecting Searcy's chances of making an impact. 5 weeks can go by pretty quick.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom