Tolver Out Until February/early March | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tolver Out Until February/early March

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
WR J.R. Tolver said he expects to be recovered by late February or early March from this week's surgery to repair a partially torn patella tendon and remove scar tissue from his right leg.

''It's something I've been battling the last couple of years,'' Tolver said. ``I could have played, but they told me I really wasn't going to [get into games], so I decided to get it done so that next year when I come in, nothing's holding me back.''

link

That sucks.. i really did think this kid has some potential for this season..guess we have to wait until next year. I hope this isn't another Yatil Green.

J.R. - Hope you come back healthy next year!

Originally posted by Muck

link

Yeah I like JR Tolver.. I think he has a enormous amount of talent and it would be a shame if he somehow he gets released by the Phins ...

I also believe he would be an excellent candidate for NFL Europe.. It would benefit him tremendously imo ...

:D

Marino1983

Originally posted by DolFan31
That sucks.. i really did think this kid has some potential for this season..guess we have to wait until next year. I hope this isn't another Yatil Green.

J.R. - Hope you come back healthy next year!

Well, At least if he is Yatil Green Wanny didn't waste a 1st round pick

Tolver will be a good player whether it is in Miami or someone else He has been a standout since highschool

Tolver does not have a tremendous amount of talent. Where did you get that from? He is a slightly faster Darell Jackson basically.

Definitely a keeper. Has to get over these injuries he has had.

Originally posted by Jaj
Tolver does not have a tremendous amount of talent. Where did you get that from? He is a slightly faster Darell Jackson basically.

Well like all nfl players, he has potential and did show a lot of it in training camp and preseason. I agree that NFL Europe should be a huge step for him next year.

Well obviously he has potential, but you guys need to realize this is a low roof guy who can really contribute. He isn't an Alex Bannister as you guys make him sound like(Seahawks WR, Owens type talent, but never gets it together).

I don't think Tolver has huge talent, I think Jaj is right when he's the next Darrell Jackson. Hey, that's not bad for our team. We could use that type of player anyday.

He needs a chance,he needs gameday experience,and he didn't get it this year before he got injured.

9178533-1.jpg
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this in the Sentinel today.

Dolphins wide receiver J.R. Tolver said the right knee surgery he had last week was "a blessing in disguise" because doctors, who thought he just had tendonitis, discovered a partially-torn patellar tendon. Tolver said he would have continued to play on the knee except the Dolphins told him he wouldn't be active the rest of the season.

Originally posted by Jaj

what is talent? a 4.3 forty? a 4 flat shuttle run? benching 225 lbs 30 times? he can't do any of that, but he can catch the daggum ball. of course i think he's talented, after all, i'm his hype man:cool: seriously, i hope he gets back healthy so he can push some of this deadweight (dt, mcdropies) out of the way

I think those two boys (deadweight) will be gone anyway. If all goes well, Tolver and Simmons will compete for slot duties next year. Will OG be in the mix??

Originally posted by Muck
I think those two boys (deadweight) will be gone anyway. If all goes well, Tolver and Simmons will compete for slot duties next year. Will OG be in the mix??

I agree I think they will(at least I hope they will). I think OG should be in the mix,and I think he should be right now since he and CC are the only ones(practically) making the catches.

Back
Top Bottom