Tom Brady the crybaby... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady the crybaby...

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Is this guy serious? Are you that impatient you can't wait a few months... like you don't already have 5 other luxury cars to drive around.

Tom Brady's new car has arrived, though it's not clear if he'll ever get behind the wheel.

As the Super Bowl XXXVIII MVP, the New England Patriots quarterback was awarded the right to select a Cadillac model as part of the General Motors' brand official vehicle sponsorship of the Super Bowl.

When Tom Brady said he'd rather have an XLR Roadster, GM met his request.

On Thursday, a Cadillac official confirmed that the car had been delivered to a dealership in Massachusetts and that the reason for the delay was a combination of car scarcity and Brady changing his mind about the model he wanted.

Brady, who as Super Bowl MVP in 2002 received his Cadillac Escalade within weeks of leading the Patriots to victory over the St. Louis Rams, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Tuesday that he was upset that he had not yet received his order for this year's car.

"I'm not driving [the] car, that's for sure," Brady said. "It's the damndest thing I ever heard. It's ridiculous."

You are such a freakin crybaby Tom wow I lost a little respect for him as a person, I hate it when rich people think they're better than everyone else and don't have to wait.

At a news conference in Houston the day after the Super Bowl, Brady signed an oversized order form for his new car: a Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum with 20-inch rims. But the car, which has a retail value of $69,900, wasn't in production yet, so Cadillac officials said they informed Brady's agent, Steve Dubin, that the car would take longer to roll out.

However, in late April, Dubin called a GM executive and requested the order be changed to an XLR Roadster, according to Cadillac spokesman Jeff Kuhlman.

"We only made about 5,000 of those cars and all of them were sold already," Kuhlman said. "So to come through on our promise, we put another one in production for Tom."

Kuhlman said that given Brady's change of heart, the car, which has a retail value of $76,200, arrived at the dealer this week in fairly rapid fashion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1833050

Damn, I just knew if I registered, I'd get sucked in:fire:

To answer you... No, he wasnt serious. It was brought up in an interview & if you know his personality with the media, he always jokes around. I think he's being honest that he didnt get the car, but its not like he ran to the media to complain about it.

But, if you want to make more out of it then the intent, be my guest...

BradyJustWins said:
Damn, I just knew if I registered, I'd get sucked in:fire:

To answer you... No, he wasnt serious. It was brought up in an interview & if you know his personality with the media, he always jokes around. I think he's being honest that he didnt get the car, but its not like he ran to the media to complain about it.

But, if you want to make more out of it then the intent, be my guest...

I really want to see something where he claims he was joking, got a link or anything?

He has an argument, the last time out when he got the Superbowl MVP trophy he got his car 2 weeks after....

He probably is joking....

He was just being a little girl, thats all. Didn't get his toy soon enough and now he doesn't want to drive it. Sounds like my little nephew.

Sorry Tom but if you want a new car thats not in production anymore that they are all sold out of you'll have to wait. Crying about it to the media only makes you look immature

Who cares...the guy is a good qb....he seems to get a lot of respect and manages his ego pretty well. I think your overreacting.

Finsflurry said:
I really want to see something where he claims he was joking, got a link or anything?
That article( which I saw a week ago) makes it look like he went to the media to complain about the car. thats not what happened, he was doing an interview & it was brought up. The guy owns multiple cars, really think he'd go running to the media like a little girl? Seeing it in writing doesnt show the "tone" it was given in. The thing I saw was with WBC in Boston & he had a big smile on his face when telling it. I know your a Fins fan, but let be real...

Again, if you want to believe he's a baby over that, be my guest.

BradyJustWins said:
That article( which I saw a week ago) makes it look like he went to the media to complain about the car. thats not what happened, he was doing an interview & it was brought up. The guy owns multiple cars, really think he'd go running to the media like a little girl? Seeing it in writing doesnt show the "tone" it was given in. The thing I saw was with WBC in Boston & he had a big smile on his face when telling it. I know your a Fins fan, but let be real...

Hey man, the only thing I read was the article. You have to admit they make it seem like he's a little whiner in it...not my fault it was the only source I had. If he was joking then sorry Tom my bad. If not you are a whiny little b#tch. Happy now?

The article DOES sound like he's whiny. But trust me, this is one football player who has remained humble.

Its easy for a printed comment to be taken out of context.

The media taking something out of context and then blowing it out of proportion......I don't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he wasn't complaining, but what I want to know is why does the Super Bowl MVP get a free car in the first place? I know because GM sponsored the sb right. Giving a new vehicle to a wealthy football star does not seem necessary in any way. There are people in the world who need charity, maybe GM is giving money to charities, I don't know. If i was Tom I would take the free truck, of course. But he has to be thinking, "I don't need this damn thing why are they giving it to me?" I know I would be. Being an exceptional qb in the nfl in my mind would be reward enough, and the salary aint too bad.

BradyJustWins said:

Hey BJW,

Nice avatar but you might want to be more original ;)

Welcome to the site.

Go Pats

Im not a pats fan but Tom Brady is a goof ball, a pretty funny guy. I doubt he was serious as much as I would have loved for him to be. Its tuff to know sarcasm when your reading it

Driven said:
Hey BJW,

Nice avatar but you might want to be more original ;)

Welcome to the site.

Go Pats
LOL, just caught that... Yeah, iv been using it at another site that only allows 50 x 50 avatar's. Just had to use it where they allow it 3 times the size.

There isnt a better picture for a Pats fan:D

Back
Top Bottom