Tom Brandstater discusses the death of his friend Kenny McKinley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brandstater discusses the death of his friend Kenny McKinley

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tom Brandstater just answered a few questions for the first time as a Dolphin about the late Kenny McKinley.

“Kenny was a very close friend of mine,” Brandstater said. “Anytime you lose a friend like that, it’s always tough. This has been hard on me and the details of that friendship I probably won’t go into. My focus is on helping this team win on Sunday and in the future. I miss my friend, and that’s as much as I’m going to say about it.”

Brandstater refused to discuss the details of whether he indeed loaned money to McKinley or was one of those with whom McKinley discussed his suicidal thoughts in the days leading up to his death.

“Since this is a personal thing, I don’t even want to talk about that issue,” Brandstater said. “Kenny was a great friend of mine. I miss him a lot. … He was a great guy. A friendly guy. A close friend of mine and a person that I miss a lot.”

No matter how far Brandstater takes his career, it sounds as though McKinley’s memory will be a driving force.

“He was as close of a friend as you can get,” Brandstater said. “I miss him every day. I think about him every day. I’ll always probably have those memories about him.”

Another Miami Dolphins connection has emerged regarding the Sept. 21 suicide of former Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...miami-dolphin-touched-by-broncos-tragedy.html

Back
Top Bottom