Tom Donahoe calls Bills fans jerks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Donahoe calls Bills fans jerks

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
Donahoe had a testy reaction when a caller to his weekly radio show asked if he "could save Bills' fans a little pain by possibly resigning."

Donahoe replied: "We really do not encourage those kind of calls on this show. There's certainly other radio stations in this town that you can call if you want to act like a jerk."

Well a huge number of Bills fans are asking for him to resign or get fired. Does that make all of them jerks? That was a ridiculous thing for Donahoe to say. This is the same guy who, two years ago, said that he was embarrassed to be associated with Buffalo because the fans wanted Greg Williams fired.

TD needs to go.

There's ways for the public to exhibit their displeasure, but a classless manner like that is unacceptable. I think Donahoe had every right to call that guy a jerk.

TerryTate said:
There's ways for the public to exhibit their displeasure, but a classless manner like that is unacceptable. I think Donahoe had every right to call that guy a jerk.

The point is that he didn't restrict it to that caller. He referred to all Bills fans who voice their displeasure on call-in shows. Donahoe is an arrogant jerk himself. He has a long history of bristling at reporters, talk show hosts, fans, etc. that dare question his decisions.

The Bills are 30-46 during his tenure and are facing some serious retooling. There has been one failed HC, one HC looking like he will fail, two OCs (Gilbride, Clements) that failed, and numerous personnel moves that haven't panned out. He has the audacity to remain arrogant?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Donahoe had a testy reaction when a caller to his weekly radio show asked if he "could save Bills' fans a little pain by possibly resigning."

Donahoe replied: "We really do not encourage those kind of calls on this show. There's certainly other radio stations in this town that you can call if you want to act like a jerk."

Well a huge number of Bills fans are asking for him to resign or get fired. Does that make all of them jerks? That was a ridiculous thing for Donahoe to say. This is the same guy who, two years ago, said that he was embarrassed to be associated with Buffalo because the fans wanted Greg Williams fired.

TD needs to go.

Who Said Tom Donahue doesn't know anything? It sounds to me he atleast has his fan base figured out. :rofl3:

MR NFLFAN said:
Who Said Tom Donahue doesn't know anything? It sounds to me he atleast has his fan base figured out. :rofl3:

Damn you beat me to it! :lol:

I think Tom Donahoe is a the jerk here, he has done nothing for the Bills franchise except make it progressively worse with poor decisions time and time again. Of course i hope they keep him because it's entertaining to hear stories like this.

there is a big diffrence between "fans" and "fan".

i would have said the same thing Donahoe did. but i would have added a few "special" words.

ch19079 said:
there is a big diffrence between "fans" and "fan".

i would have said the same thing Donahoe did. but i would have added a few "special" words.

He didn't just call this guy a jerk. He could have easily just said that I don't reply to questions from jerks and left it at that. For some reason that wasn't good enough for him. He needed to make a statement. He referred to callers to WGR550. He didn't refer to all Bills fans, but he did include all fans that would have the nerve to call a radio station and complain. IMO, he also included fans who listen to those calls and agree with what they have to say. As a Bills fan, how can you not take it as a slap in the face by an arrogant idiot?

He is the same guy who claimed he was embarrassed to be associated with Buffalo. I'm not a Bills fan and that comment pissed me off.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
He didn't just call this guy a jerk. He could have easily just said that I don't reply to questions from jerks and left it at that. For some reason that wasn't good enough for him. He needed to make a statement. He referred to callers to WGR550. He didn't refer to all Bills fans, but he did include all fans that would have the nerve to call a radio station and complain. IMO, he also included fans who listen to those calls and agree with what they have to say. As a Bills fan, how can you not take it as a slap in the face by an arrogant idiot?

He is the same guy who claimed he was embarrassed to be associated with Buffalo. I'm not a Bills fan and that comment pissed me off.
i dont take it as an insult, because i have no problem with what he said. the caller said he should save the team by quiting his job. what kind of "jerk" calls a radio station to ask TD a question, then pulls some BS like that.

ch19079 said:
i dont take it as an insult, because i have no problem with what he said. the caller said he should save the team by quiting his job. what kind of "jerk" calls a radio station to ask TD a question, then pulls some BS like that.

Never mind......

FinfanInBuffalo said:

So he said he can act like a jerk somewhere else, he was obviously calling him a jerk for calling in on the air tryin to put him on blast. Would you want someone calling you at your job saying you should be fired :confused:

Back
Top Bottom