Tommy Morrison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tommy Morrison

finswin56

Limitless paper in a paperless world
Reaction score
Yup, that's a MMA icon and Tommy Morrison.
I don't follow MMA, but I am intrigued by athletes I know moving to that arena. Not only is Morrison doing so, but he's fighting in unsanctioned bouts. These bouts do not require blood tests. Which is an awfully curious decision by him considering someone from his camp thinks his blood tests have been doctored.

On Saturday night, Morrison stepped into a cage to fight a 325-pound sheet rock worker while a former associate, Randy Lang, is hurling allegations that Morrison is still HIV positive.

Lang, who spent roughly 10 months in Morrison's camp, lodged accusations of possible blood tampering and fraud and said the boxer tested positive for HIV as late as January but still fought a month later in West Virginia -- claims Morrison strongly denies.

Fighting in a cage on a clear night in the desert, Morrison knocked out Stover (7-2) at 2:08 of the first round. Boos rained down as a panting Morrison raised his hand after breaking Stover's nose with a straight right.

Since the fight was being held on the Yavapai-Apache Nation reservation -- outside the Arizona State Boxing Commission's jurisdiction -- Morrison did not need a blood test. That much was known.

Its **** like this that make it tough for MMA fans...I would hardly classify this as MMA, a couple of guys on an Indian reservation, with bent rules, and no sanctioning...This kind of thing just gives ammo to the MMA haters, when it shouldn't even be a story with MMA attached to it...

Yeah that's not MMA.

MMA requires skill, which at this point Morrison probably doesn't have. MMA is not just two guys beating the crap out of eachother.

Anyway if he is clean he shouldn't be scared to test, I would never ever fight him unless he took a test.

Back
Top Bottom