Tony Nathan was pretty damned good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Nathan was pretty damned good

He was a very good back for the time. But very much ahead of his time. IMO he was a better pass receiving back than pure runner. But he was a good runner too.

Perfect for today’s game.

If you do get him on, ask him about that 10 yard run he had against the Bears in 1985. I think even he was surprised that the field was that wide open.

If i remember right he had a very good game vs Chicago and a few long runs. Maybe 80 yards rushing or something.

If we got him on you can ask him about it

One of my all time favorite fins. He had an excellent career and could do everything - great pass catcher out of the backfield, excellent cutback abilities on sweeps - he ended his career w a very high rushing average - he could also block / was excellent in pass pro. Also return punts. Only thing he didn’t have was blazing speed. He was Lamar Miller fast but not Kenyan Drake fast if that makes sense.

PS - he could also throw it. He might be the franchise’s all time passing leader w a 117 QBR on 8 attempts!

He was a 1st team all pro his rookie year for his kickoff and punt return accomplishments.

Guy could do it all.

Back
Top Bottom