Tony Pape listed as..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pape listed as.....

He's probably better suited there because he's horrible in pass protection.

Against Udeze he was thats for sure. But, Udeze is a beast and Pape is young. I wouldn't worry about his height though I think he's about as tall as Jamie Nails if memory serves

For what it's worth, here's my e-mail & response from Jim Mandich. He didn't really answer my question about whether or not he thinks Pape can be starting material though. For those who don't know, Mandich played ball at Michigan and still follows them closely:

Big, strong, tough, unathletic who will play OG in the pros. He'll make this team.

MD

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 1:00 PM
Subject: A question about Tony Pape

Hey Mad Dog,

Another corporate time-stealing weasel here. I figured you would know a thing or two about Tony Pape since he comes from Michigan. Is he good enough to eventually be a starter, or is he pretty much career backup material? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolfan954 said:
For what it's worth, here's my e-mail & response from Jim Mandich. He didn't really answer my question about whether or not he thinks Pape can be starting material though. For those don't know, Mandich played ball at Michigan and still follows them closely:

Big, strong, tough, unathletic who will play OG in the pros. He'll make this team.

MD

Hey, he has to pay royalties for using my sig Name.. :lol:

I am a big Mich. fan and watched them play a lot.
I am still shocked that we got him in the 7th I thought he would go in the 4th. He is avery tough guy that wants to win all the time. His major flaw is he is not real good at sliding out to pick up speed rushers so he tends to reach at times. This is why he is better suited for inside he is very good once he lockes onto someone. I think he could compete for a starting job real soon. Mich always seems to have a lineman drafted in the third or lower that turn into real good NFL linemen. He also has a head start because Mich runs a pro style Off. very similar to Mia, run first with a pro style vertical passing game.

I could see Pape and Carey on the right side...

I don't think McIntosh is going to make it back this year, and if pressed, I could foresee a situation in which St. Clair beats out McKinney. But, I don't think they'd do that right now, because St. Clair could be the RT if Smith gets hurt and they move Carey to LT if no experienced LT is available. We need to keep an eye out for one, because I don't want to see another rookie, no matter how highly regarded, not named Gallery, playing LT, and I'd really not be happy with him being forced into that role.

RevRick said:
I don't think McIntosh is going to make it back this year, and if pressed, I could foresee a situation in which St. Clair beats out McKinney. But, I don't think they'd do that right now, because St. Clair could be the RT if Smith gets hurt and they move Carey to LT if no experienced LT is available. We need to keep an eye out for one, because I don't want to see another rookie, no matter how highly regarded, not named Gallery, playing LT, and I'd really not be happy with him being forced into that role.

Rev Rick...are you in Camden County?

One county too far south...

We're in Brunswick, in Glynn County. Now the funny thing is that my Mom grew up in Palatka, until Grandpa moved everyone to West Palm Beach. Do you have Camden County ties?

RevRick said:
We're in Brunswick, in Glynn County. Now the funny thing is that my Mom grew up in Palatka, until Grandpa moved everyone to West Palm Beach. Do you have Camden County ties?

Yep...born in the great metropolis of Woodbine. LOL, Left there for Palatka when I was nine. Kin folk throughout Glynn,Camden Co.s

If you don't mind me asking...what is your mothers maiden name? I had VERY close friends by the name of LaRoache that moved back to West Palm.

It's a small world that's why I like to ask.

Rev...on a much sader note, it was a cousin of mine that was murdered by her crazed suicidal boyfriend in Brunswick, just minutes before the police arrived in an rescue attempt about six months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but that's not the name...

Mom's last name was Lovell. And they left Palatka in the late 30's - and I think I'm a lot older than you think I am...not that I mind. :D

RevRick said:
Mom's last name was Lovell. And they left Palatka in the late 30's - and I think I'm a lot older than you think I am...not that I mind. :D

There are still a few Lovells left around here. I don't know them.

I'm considered one of the ancient ones on this board at 56. Like you, I don't mind...I've been a Dolphan from their first kickoff.
:D

Amazing....

I am two years younger than you, for the next two months anyway. I will have to get up on the net and see if there is any relationships involved with the Lovell's there. Never can tell. Might be some of Mom's distant cousins left.

I'm sure glad to see another Dolphin fan from the very beginning - back to Wahoo McDaniel and Dick Wood, and that bunch. George Wilson as coach, and his son as QB. That was fun!

Rev and Mole:

Only younger than you guys by a few years. Retired Navy, proud of it! Lived in Ocala for a few years, played ball against a few of those boys from Palatka. Yes, I too remember Wahoo, Joe Auer, Dick Westmoreland, etc. Used to clean Jim Kiick's pool, he was a jerk. Nick was cool tho, as was Bob Petrella. OK, enough with the name dropping. But, remember the Zum Zum coke guys at the Orange Bowl? That's how I used to get into the games, til I mowed enough lawns to by season tickets for $56.00 in 1970. Worked for 'Canes games, too. Tho the only thing we had to cheer in those days was The Mad Stork! Too bad he never played for the Fins...

Good to run into some other "old" guys...

Back
Top Bottom