Tony Romo retired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Romo retired

Colin Kaepernick simply isn't good enough to justify the baggage he'd bring to a team.

I mentioned Cutler and I actually feel like this is the same reason he's currently unemployed. Cutler would be a huge upgrade over what several teams have on the roster right now, but he's got a reputation as a bad locker room guy and also his wife is currently posting nude pics of him on instagram or whatever and he's in the news for that. Teams absolutely give a crap about that stuff.

I bet they'll both find work after the draft.

"Baggage" :bobdole: GTFO

Meanwhile POS like KC's Hill somehow has a job. :puke:

It is baggage. Teams know that after 3 games he might decide he wants to kneel for the anthem again. Now that team has to deal with every media member asking question after question about it any chance they get. In a place like Texas, they'll have to deal with a stadium full of people booing their own qb and all the distractions that brings. It isn't San Fran, it's Texas. It's quite understandable why a team wouldn't want to deal with all that if all they're getting in return is a backup level qb

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin Kaepernick simply isn't good enough to justify the baggage he'd bring to a team.

I mentioned Cutler and I actually feel like this is the same reason he's currently unemployed. Cutler would be a huge upgrade over what several teams have on the roster right now, but he's got a reputation as a bad locker room guy and also his wife is currently posting nude pics of him on instagram or whatever and he's in the news for that. Teams absolutely give a crap about that stuff.

I bet they'll both find work after the draft.

Yet teams are still bringing in Joe Mixon for a visit.

It is baggage. Teams know that after 3 games he might decide he wants to kneel for the anthem again. Now that team has to deal with every media member asking question after question about it any chance they get. In a place like Texas, they'll have to deal with a stadium full of people booing their own qb and all the distractions that brings. It isn't San Fran, it's Texas. It's quite understandable why a team wouldn't want to deal with all that if all they're getting in return is a backup level qb

I don't think it's the baggage and more the fact that he just ****in' sucks.

I don't think it's the baggage and more the fact that he just ****in' sucks.

He's a serviceable starter and a run threat. Combine that with a run game and defense like Houston has and they have a shot just like when Kaep played with the 49ers.

This "****ing sucks" guy also threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs while running for 100+ vs us as well. But yeah, I know, our defense ****ing sucked last year too.

Good for him. No reason to risk it. After living in Dallas, it's hard to root against him (not hard to root against that team though). Genuinely good guy.

The giants signed geno smith. The bears signed mark Sanchez

and someone will eventual sign Kap there just isn't any rush to do so. The NFL is fickel, a double standard in my opinion but it is what it is.........a business.

Side note: I just noticed your avatar! Good taste my man good tast, I had some at Christmas, my buddy finally got his hands on a bottle of 20 year. I'm currently tracking down a bottle of George T. Stagg and I should have my hands on a bottle very soon and maybe even two bottles :up:

A bar in Kentucky I go to has them both!

oSBTwHU.jpg

Pappy Van Winkle :bobdole:

People are so easily swindled these days by overpriced gimmicks. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Better get off the computer. The dishes aren't gonna wash themselves

We use paper plates, plastic utensils, and don't reuse them so there's no washing needed. I also force the family to drink from the water hose so we don't have cups.

**** the World!

Anyone feel like talking about Romo? Feel free to discuss the politics behind Kaepernick in the depths or pofo.

Yet teams are still bringing in Joe Mixon for a visit.

Great point. I'll try to avoid the politics, but I'll just say that it's interesting that there are some teams out there who view the political stuff as more of a distraction than the being a literal scumbag stuff. Although on that point, Dalvin Cook seems like a much worse human being than Joe Mixon.

I hope you'll forgive that brief foray, UK. :lol:

On the subject of Tony Romo:

I actually like the guy a lot. I think he is a great quarterback who is great for the sport. He's an exciting player with a likeable personality who has been responsible for some great, entertaining blunders. He's a star.

And it's going to be a shame if he retires now with a few years left in the tank, because that honestly hurts a football 'product' that is trotting out guys like the aforementioned Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez every week in some capacity.

With that said, Phil Simms is an awful broadcaster and I'm very hopeful that Tony will be much better when the Dolphins are the CBS game of the week.

Great point. I'll try to avoid the politics, but I'll just say that it's interesting that there are some teams out there who view the political stuff as more of a distraction than the being a literal scumbag stuff. Although on that point, Dalvin Cook seems like a much worse human being than Joe Mixon.

I hope you'll forgive that brief foray, UK. :lol:

On the subject of Tony Romo:

I actually like the guy a lot. I think he is a great quarterback who is great for the sport. He's an exciting player with a likeable personality who has been responsible for some great, entertaining blunders. He's a star.

And it's going to be a shame if he retires now with a few years left in the tank, because that honestly hurts a football 'product' that is trotting out guys like the aforementioned Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez every week in some capacity.

With that said, Phil Simms is an awful broadcaster and I'm very hopeful that Tony will be much better when the Dolphins are the CBS game of the week.

Well yeah. Teams absolutely don't equate the level of distraction with the severity or heinousness of a crime. The only thing Brent grimes is guilty of is marrying a nut job but I bet teams would look at signing him as a bigger distraction than signing someone who may of committed certain offenses or crimes.

I'm sure teams look at the potential of a player being a distraction in the future and the ramifications of cutting him. A team can easily cut Mixon if he gets in trouble again without any pr issues. A team isn't cutting kap if he starts kneeling again during the anthem. Imagine the firestorm if they did. I think teams are just thinking it's much easier to avoid the potential situation all together

Back
Top Bottom