too many ANDS for me | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

too many ANDS for me

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
AFC EAST
Miami Dolphins -- Can clinch AFC East division with win or tie

Miami clinches home-field advantage:

1) Win AND Oakland loss AND Tennessee loss AND Pittsburgh loss AND Miami wins strength of victory tiebreaker over Oakland and Tennessee

NOTE: “Strength of victory†is the season-ending winning percentage of all the opponents a team has defeated.

Miami clinches a first-round bye:

1) Win AND Pittsburgh loss or tie AND Oakland loss
2) Win AND Pittsburgh loss or tie AND Tennessee loss
3) Win AND Tennessee loss AND Oakland loss AND Miami wins strength of victory tiebreaker over Oakland and Tennessee

Miami clinches playoff spot:

1) N.Y. Jets loss or tie AND Denver win
2) N.Y. Jets loss or tie AND Kansas City loss or tie

Note: There are other scenarios in which Miami can clinch a playoff berth if it is determined that after this week’s games they will own the strength of victory tiebreaker over the teams they are tied with.

The most likely one I see, and I am probably to me has the best percentage of happening is....OAKLAND losing and PITTSBURGH losing (or tying)...then MIAMI would get the BYE.

with priest holmes sitting, kc's chances of beating the raiders in oakland is a long shot. looks like we'll need 4 straight wins (three on the road) for a shot at the ring.

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
with priest holmes sitting, kc's chances of beating the raiders in oakland is a long shot. looks like we'll need 4 straight wins (three on the road) for a shot at the ring.

There is a chance since KC has had a very good passing game, and Oakland is missing their starting corners.

as it stands, that loss at minnesota may just be irrelevant after all. it was determined after oakland game that, due to tiebreakers, miami would need either oakland OR tennessee to lose one of their final two. tenn now has one left at houston and oakland is at KC minus priest. assuming oak and tenn win out, the minn loss drops us from #3 to #4...makes me feel better about the loss

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
as it stands, that loss at minnesota may just be irrelevant after all. it was determined after oakland game that, due to tiebreakers, miami would need either oakland OR tennessee to lose one of their final two. tenn now has one left at houston and oakland is at KC minus priest. assuming oak and tenn win out, the minn loss drops us from #3 to #4...makes me feel better about the loss
doesn't make me feel any better, if they won last week they would have clinched a playoff spot and the division!:(

A-MEN!...I think the one that will happen is jets + Denver win. But we will still beat them Pats!

Originally posted by AngryDolphins
A-MEN!...I think the one that will happen is jets + Denver win. But we will still beat them Pats!
we don't have the best record in dec in NE, but this time the fins know whats on the line!;)

Personally, I think a first round bye will not happen for us this year. We cannot clinch homefield adantage but can clinch the second seed if the following happens:
Miami win over Patriots
Tennesee win over Texans
Kansas City win over Oakland
Pittsburg loss

That would put the Titans at number 1, Dolphins at number 2, Raiders at number 3 and Steelers at number 4

Also, let us hope the Giants beat the Eagles. If the Eagles win, then they clinch homefield, and Green Bay has nothing to play for against the Jets. If they lose then Green Bay can still clinch homefield advantage with a win over the Jets, thus eliminating the Jets and getting us into the playoffs.

Originally posted by Samphin

Kansas City win over Oakland
the guys on fox made it seem pretty bleak for KC in oakieland! i think its raining in nortern california and without priest holmes, trent green is going to have his problems!:rolleyes:

Actually the Pack has something to play for because if they lose and Tampa win, Tampa will take 2nd seed which will be at least one Home Game and a Bye, and they will want that in case Philly is beaten at home.

I think that is right

Back
Top Bottom