Top 15 pick in next years draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 15 pick in next years draft

jimmyjam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think they will lose four-five of the next seven games. I am no longer optimistic and I don't see Wanny or the players turning this thing around. This team has no discipline and won't until they hire a new coach. I have been a Dolphins fan for 30 years and have never been this disgusted with the team. I've lost my passion for the team, the losses no longer upset me for days but hours now. I will always be a Dolphins fan and can only hope for next year.......

we're not done quite yet, but if it gets worse, wanny's gone and the team needs to start rebuilding. we have 2 more years...tops where we can win with this team. if we don't win the Super Bowl in 2 years, im all for sacrificing a couple of years for rebuilding. i think the number one priorities in this coming offseason are:

QB - Manning from draft...
HC - Bob stoops...i wish
OL - anybody, please...

if we get these three things and add some young defensive talant, we can win.

but the season's not over, and we've got a long way to go so LETS GO DOLPHINS!!! and lets turn it around this week.
:thewave:

Eli looks great, but I wouldn't mind drafting Josh Rivers from NC State. This kid has a good head on his shoulders. We need to focus on OL first though.

Originally posted by jimmyjam
the losses no longer upset me for days but hours now. I will always be a Dolphins fan and can only hope for next year.......

Now we know what its like to be a Bengals fan :(

So used to winning.

You guys won't have a losing season.

You will be picking 15.

Miami never has a losing season.

Originally posted by DolfanNJ
if we don't win the Super Bowl in 2 years, im all for sacrificing a couple of years for rebuilding. i think the number one priorities in this coming offseason are:

QB - Manning from draft...
HC - Bob stoops...i wish
OL - anybody, please...

if we get these three things and add some young defensive talant, we can win.

Let me get this straight. Your OL can't pass block....or run block....but your top priority is to draft a QB? That doesn't make much sense to me. You need to draft a lineman with your top pick. No QB is going to get it done without blocking...especially a rookie QB. Not to mention the fact that by drafting a QB and starting him you are most likely giving up the next couple years while he goes through the learning process.....During that time, your defense will get older.

If you want to draft a QB of the future in the Mid rounds....i could see that. But you need a player to help you now in the first round. As of now, i'd say it's OL...Or possibly WR. If you want to upgrade at the QB position i think you would be better off signing or trading for a veteran QB.

Re: Re: Top 15 pick in next years draft

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
you're a better man than i am...i was already over this one midway thru the 2nd quarter

I'm with you on that. I watched the first half, the first 3minutes of the 3rd, turned off my tv and went to sleep for a fews so I didn't have to face the comments on ESPN such as "Titans whip Dolphins", "Tuna get canned" etc...

The NC State QB is called Phillip Rivers. He's a decent college QB who has terrible mechanics which need a LOT of work. He's like a crippled Bernie Kosar. I'm not saying he won't be a good player - he might be - but he needs some serious coaching.

The NC State QB is called Phillip Rivers. He's a decent college QB who has terrible mechanics which need a LOT of work. He's like a crippled Bernie Kosar. I'm not saying he won't be a good player - he might be - but he needs some serious coaching.

from what i gather Rivers is an exellent prospect..

Originally posted by Saint Greg

Let me get this straight. Your OL can't pass block....or run block....but your top priority is to draft a QB? That doesn't make much sense to me. You need to draft a lineman with your top pick. No QB is going to get it done without blocking...especially a rookie QB. Not to mention the fact that by drafting a QB and starting him you are most likely giving up the next couple years while he goes through the learning process.....During that time, your defense will get older.

If you want to draft a QB of the future in the Mid rounds....i could see that. But you need a player to help you now in the first round. As of now, i'd say it's OL...Or possibly WR. If you want to upgrade at the QB position i think you would be better off signing or trading for a veteran QB.

I completely agree with that.

Re: Re: Top 15 pick in next years draft

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

you're a better man than i am...i was already over this one midway thru the 2nd quarter

Yeah for the first time of my life I didn't watch all the game. The fumble by Griese in the last two minutes of the second half killed me.
:cry: :yell:

That may well be what you gather Blueprint, but watch the tapes. Study film, break down his mechanics. If he sorts his mechanics out, then he has nice potential. But his throwing motion needs to be taken apart and rebuilt.

our pick is.......

If we can go after a top pick next year (i hope we cant) I vote for Fitzgerald from Pitt. He is amazing and would be a wr that can come in and play day 1. I am more concerned about what veterans will leave if we go bottoms up.

Back
Top Bottom