Top 25 Living Pitchers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 25 Living Pitchers

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Reaction score
Espn put out a sportsnation poll of the top 25 living pitchers.. I took total exception to this list, and how it turned out.. I will be doing a new ranking of my own, I just wanted to know what others thought of this list.. Nolan Ryan #3...... are you kidding me..

Clemens
Koufax
Ryan
Maddux
Gibson
Seaver
Carlton
Martinez
Johnson
Rivera
Feller
Ford
Palmer
Marichal
Eckersley
Smotlz
Sutton
Jenkins
Perry
Fingers
Glavine
Niekro
Sutter
Roberts
Bunning

Let me know what you guys think..

ill comment later, but Koufax....wow, what a pitcher. i dont think i could put anyone in front of him no matter how long he played.

I agree with you, the names are right, the order isn't.

i would have Koufax, Ryan, Clemens and put Rivera farther down on the list at about smoltz

Clemens is #1, start from there

MikeO said:
I agree with you, the names are right, the order isn't.

That is the order it ended in.. I sometimes wonder if people actually watch baseball or know much about it.. Randy Johnson #9..

Finfan86 said:
i would have Koufax, Ryan, Clemens and put Rivera farther down on the list at about smoltz

So you have Ryan ahead of Clemens and you want to move Mo down the list.. :confused:

not because Rivera isnt good, but because i dont think closers are as important as starters, i put alot more value into a great SP then a great closer

7 NO HITTERS will never be done again in a career

Finfan86 said:
7 NO HITTERS will never be done again in a career

So this makes him the 2nd best living pitcher.. The guy is barely a .500 pitcher..

GreenMonster said:
So this makes him the 2nd best living pitcher.. The guy is barely a .500 pitcher..

No it doesn't.

GreenMonster said:

Not entirely hsi fault, he has a career era of liek 3.15

ok he has a 3.19 career ERA, the most K's ever by more hten 1000+

Clemens career ERA is 3.12

go ahead though, i dont agree with you guys so tell me im stupid and don't know baseball.

Finfan86 said:
ok he has a 3.19 career ERA, the most K's ever by more hten 1000+

Clemens career ERA is 3.12

Clemens strikeout ratio isn't that far behind Ryan's.. As far as era Clemens is about a 1.3 runs better vs the lg avg. era at the time.. Ryan only about .4 runs better.. Clemens has 7 Cy Youngs... End of story..

Back
Top Bottom