- Apr 29, 2009
- Reaction score
- Dream Songs
1. Jadaveon Clowney – Concerns regarding his effort are overblown. Worth every bit of the #1 pick (in a stacked class).
2. Kareem Martin – Better 10-yard split, vert, and broad than Clowney. Great motor (82 tackles), productive (11.5 sacks, 21.5 TFL, 3 forced fumbles), ideal frame. 1[SUP]st[/SUP] RD player.
3. Jackson Jeffcoat – Another high motor guy with great athleticism and production, but he is undersized. He’ll likely start his career as a pass rush specialist.
4. Kony Ealy – Overrated, but he has a good frame and good COD ability. Not as productive or athletic as any of the player ranked ahead of him.
5. Trent Murphy – Huge hands, super productive, solid athlete. His frame looks like it can comfortably carry 260-265.
. . .
1. Jimmie Ward – Has all the tools to be a dominant single-high FS. Instincts, quickness, ball skills, and perfect angles. He’s also outstanding covering the slot and a very good tackler. He’s my Safety prospect since Earl Thomas and Eric Berry.
2. Deonne Bucannon – Very good athlete. He has the tools to play either FS or SS. Playmaker. Very productive.
3. Calvin Pryor – Speaking of systems that demand different traits from their FS’s and SS’s, he’ll struggle as a FS but excel as a SS. Overrated coverage abilities – not a strength.
4. HaHa Clinton-Dix – Good in coverage, good tackler. Very solid but not a playmaker.
5. Ed Reynolds – Underrated player. 6 INT’s and 3 TD’s in 2012. 86 tackles in 2013. Can play either Safety. Good size with adequate athleticism.