Top 5 Defensive Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Defensive Players

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
According to Joe Schad from the Palm Beach Post, here are the 5 defensive players to watch for.....Defensive coordinator Jim Bates, in order, lists these 5 players as most impressive through (admittedly non-contact) mini-camps: Larry Chester, Will Poole, Dario Romero, Yeremiah Bell and Tony Brown.

I was very surprised and happy to hear Romero is playing so well. I understand that Romero has really bulked up and is a beast in the middle. Chester looks poised to have a Pro Bowl year. Bell may end up winning the starting FS position and I'm not sure about Tony Brown. Does anybody have any knowledge of Tony Brown? I don't even know what position he plays.

According to Joe Schad from the Palm Beach Post, here are the 5 defensive players to watch for.....Defensive coordinator Jim Bates, in order, lists these 5 players as most impressive through (admittedly non-contact) mini-camps: Larry Chester, Will Poole, Dario Romero, Yeremiah Bell and Tony Brown.

I was very surprised and happy to hear Romero is playing so well. I understand that Romero has really bulked up and is a beast in the middle. Chester looks poised to have a Pro Bowl year. Bell may end up winning the starting FS position and I'm not sure about Tony Brown. Does anybody have any knowledge of Tony Brown? I don't even know what position he plays.

LOL I don't really notice Tony Brown he never does much in real drills so I never paid attention to him...but I have been most impressed with Chester and Bell, Chester is an animal who might finally give us some pass rush up the middle and Bell is very fast and instinctive and has a good shot at starting, he will get some playing time this year. Romero and Poole have been good as well although they will factor in more of a backup positions as 4th DL and 4th CB, respectively.

Tony Brown is a tweener. He can play DE or DT. In a pre-draft press conference Spielman was asked if they would target DT's, and he said no and that Tony Brown could break the rotation as the 4th DT.

ChambersWI said:
Tony Brown is a tweener. He can play DE or DT. In a pre-draft press conference Spielman was asked if they would target DT's, and he said no and that Tony Brown could break the rotation as the 4th DT.

(On where defensive tackle fits among his priorities in the draft) – "We’ll look at it, but we picked up a couple of guys that we like during last season – the Tony Brown kid from Carolina we’re excited about. Larry Chester had a big weight-loss and he’s still young and in his 20’s. We’re excited with Larry losing his weight and being able to play even better than he did last year. Dario Romero, who we go out of Canada, has progressed every year. Nate Bolling, who we picked up, is a combination defensive tackle/defensive end. There are a lot of guys who are unknowns who may surface and be pretty good players for us and who we were real aggressive right after the season, especially with the defensive linemen. We signed five or six defensive linemen to see what might surface out of those guys."
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3212

We are looking solid at S w/4 players and Wooden and Akins as well

Back
Top Bottom