Top 5 Reasons Why We Blew it... Again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Reasons Why We Blew it... Again

insomnia411

The world is yours
Reaction score
It's taken me a few days to wade through my inner frustration and apoplectic rage after that abysmal 2nd half performance on Sunday. In many ways, I'm still in shock that we blew not one but two home games that we absolutely had in the bag. What sickens me the most is that we lost games to both the Colts and Saints for very similar reasons, and it seems like we did not learn from our mistakes of the Monday night game against Indy. No, I'm sorry, what sickens me most is that we should be 4-2 and in a position to step on the Jets neck on Sunday.
All that being said, I've decided to put together a list of the top 5 reasons why I think we blew this game in such a way, and I'd invite all of you to put together a top 5 list of your own. Maybe it will be theraputic for us.

5. Play-Calling
- We were agressive when we should have been conservative, and conservative when we should have been aggressive.
- What happened to the wildcat and the running game in general in the 2nd half?
- We came out in the 2nd half and played like we were down 14 instead of up 14.
- Pat White... Why?

4. The Refs
- For anyone who got the latest edition of Sports Illustrated, open it up to about page 10. There is a 2 page spread of a perfect picture of the football completely loose from Darren Sharper's hands before he even reaches the 1 yard line... There is a ref standing right over the play.
- Davone Bess' knee was completely down with possession of the ball at the end of the 2nd qtr.
- Those 2 plays make up a 14 point swing.

3. Poor offensive line play
- The o-line completely stopped pass blocking after the first quarter and a half. They looked horrible in that regard.
- After a dominant first half of run blocking, the 2nd half run blocking was non-existant.

2. Holding onto the football/Dropping the Football
- I spoke about the refs before, but the point is if Davone Bess takes the ball all the way to the ground with him, and if Ted Ginn was not absolutely horrible, those 2 plays would not have been an issue. Those 2 guys need to be accountable.
- Anthony Fasano had another big drop on a big 2nd down play from a pass out of the wildcat. This guy really needs to pack his **** and go home.

1. Gibril Wilson and the Horrible 2nd half Defense
- While you can blame the turnovers and the offense's inability to hold the ball in the 2nd half all you want, the D had about 6 or 7 opportunities to put the game away with a stop, and they completely failed almost every time.
- Can we just cut Gibril Wilson now and get Clemons some playing time? The guy is a joke and he brings 0 to the table.
- We couldn't even stop the run or rush the passer in the 2nd half at all either after doing it all first half. Where the hell is Cameron Wake after his 3 sack performance against the Bills? GET HIM ON THE FIELD!!!

Well, that about sums it up, hopefully we can turn the season around and string together a few wins, but I doubt we beat the Pats in 2 weeks.... Even if we beat the Jets on Sunday, 3-5 doesn't sound too appetizing. I look for us to go 9-7 or 8-8 because the schedule gets much easier after these next 2 games. Maybe next year we will actually address the WR and safety positions so we can put together a real freakin winning season!

I will probably get flamed for this, but we should never play conservative. Whats that ever done for us besides another loss? I don't like Bill Belichick but you have to admire the fact that he will absolutely kill teams when given the chance. We could have scored a lot more points on the patriots last year and the bills this year had we not gone conservative. I say never let up, it's the job of the other teams defense to stop us, not for us to stop scoring. Other than that good post.

Back
Top Bottom