Top 8 Dbs in the Nfl who would you put!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 8 Dbs in the Nfl who would you put!!!

Oaklandraider said:
I dont understand where your coming from this guy has proven himself week in and week out, made it to quite a few pro bowls as well as earned the respect of evry other coener in the leauge, just watch game film on the guy but I guess evryone has there opnion as crazy as it may sound!!
While they might be right be right about me leaving Clements out, the craziest thing is you leaving Surtain out. I really don't care how "game film" you watched of Woodson to put him in the top 8 and leave Surtain out!? You don't know corners. IMO

Clements is 10x the corner that Woodson or Manning will ever be.

1. Pat Surtain
2. Champ Bailey
3. Charles Woodson
4. Sam Madison
5. Antoine Winfield
6. Ty Law
7. Rhonde Barber
8. Troy Vincent

All right ill redo it Top 10 you happy!!!
1 Ty law
2 Rhonde barber
3 Charles woodson
4 sam madison
5 patrick surtain
6 chump bailey
7 fred smoot
8 antoine winfield
9 ken lucas
10 ricky manning

ether79 said:
While they might be right be right about me leaving Clements out, the craziest thing is you leaving Surtain out. I really don't care how "game film" you watched of Woodson to put him in the top 8 and leave Surtain out!? You don't know corners. IMO

No you dont!!! the raiders have had some of the most notable corners who have ever played the game.

1. Bailey
2. Surtain
3. when healthy Law
4. Woodson
5. Clements
6. Barber
7. Smoot
8. Trufant

Oaklandraider said:
the raiders have had some of the most notable corners who have ever played the game.
That says nothing of how woodson plays or what you know of CBs. ANy list of top CBs that has RICKY MANNING at #2 is horrible and then you only changed it after people called you out.

Oaklandraider said:
All right ill redo it Top 10 you happy!!!
1 Ty law
2 Rhonde barber
3 Charles woodson
4 sam madison
5 patrick surtain
6 chump bailey
7 fred smoot
8 antoine winfield
9 ken lucas
10 ricky manning

What a joke. Manning is garbage, Lucas is above average, Winfield is lost in pass coverage (I'm a Bills fan, I've watched alot more of him than you have) and has hands of stone. Champ Bailey is BARELY the top corner in the league. Barber has had one GREAT year and a bunch of ok years. Madison in this stage of his career isn't a top 10 corner, possibly a top 15.

Clements is a top 3 corner in the league. Him, Champ, Surtain, and McAlister are all stuck up jumbled together. Look at the season Clements had.

Here are the stats of the #1 WRs of each team that Clements faced.

Week 1 - Jimmy Smith - 4 recepts, 83 yards. (INT)
Week 2 - Joey Porter - 3 recepts, 45 yards.
Week 4 - David Givens - 4 recepts, 86 yards.
Week 5 - Santana Moss - 2 recepts, 62 yards. (FF)
Week 6 - Chris Chambers - 3 recepts, 23 yards.
Week 7 - Travis Taylor - 2 recepts, 52 yards.
Week 8 - Anquain Boldin - 4 recepts, 50 yards. (SACK)
Week 9 - Santana Moss - 6 recepts, 157 yards. (McGee was covering Moss when he broke a big score to inflate his yard total, and Clements covered McCaries for part of the game, who was 2-27.
Week 10 - David Givens - 5 recepts, 66 yards. (INT)
Week 11 - Torry Holt - 8 recepts, 90 yards. (FF, Punt return TD) - A decent game for Clements, but Bulger also had 45 attempts in the game.
Week 12 - D. Jackson - 4 recepts, 45 yards.
Week 13 - Chris Chambers - 5 recepts, 49 yards. (INT)
Week 14 - Antonio Bryant - 4 recepts, 37 yards. (INT) Most of Bryant's yardage came in garbage time, the Browns had negative offensive yards until late in the 4th quarter.
Week 15 - Chad Johnson - 2 recepts, 10 yards. (FF) Clements shuts down the league's leader in receptions (at the time) to 2 receptions for 10 yards.
Week 16 - Brandon Lloyd - 2 recepts, 25 yards. (INT)
Week 17 - Hines Ward - 2 recepts, 11 yards. (INT for TD)

Crisis said:
What a joke. Manning is garbage, Lucas is above average, Winfield is lost in pass coverage (I'm a Bills fan, I've watched alot more of him than you have) and has hands of stone. Champ Bailey is BARELY the top corner in the league. Barber has had one GREAT year and a bunch of ok years. Madison in this stage of his career isn't a top 10 corner, possibly a top 15.

Clements is a top 3 corner in the league. Him, Champ, Surtain, and McAlister are all stuck up jumbled together. Look at the season Clements had.

Week 9 - Santana Moss - 6 recepts, 157 yards. (McGee was covering Moss when he broke a big score to inflate his yard total, and Clements covered McCaries for part of the game, who was 2-27.
Week 11 - Torry Holt - 8 recepts, 90 yards. (FF, Punt return TD) - A decent game for Clements, but Bulger also had 45 attempts in the game.
Week 14 - Antonio Bryant - 4 recepts, 37 yards. (INT) Most of Bryant's yardage came in garbage time, the Browns had negative offensive yards until late in the 4th quarter.
Week 15 - Chad Johnson - 2 recepts, 10 yards. (FF) Clements shuts down the league's leader in receptions (at the time) to 2 receptions for 10 yards.
Wow. Someone did their homework... impressive.

Crisis said:

WOW :eek: , Thought Clements was good last year but didn't realise how good, some impressive games in there.

Anyway my top 10

1. Bailey
2. Law
3. Surtain
4. McCallister
5. Clements
6. Barber
7. S.Rolle
8. Madison
9. Sheppard
10.Smoot

first of all ricky manning jr??? yes he tore up mcnabb, who always chokes under pressure, but he played so well they went out and signed lucas to replace him. check the depth chart and think logically. lucas and gamble are the starters, manning is the nickel back in carolina. gamble played a lot better than manning last year.

also, to the guy who watches game film...maybe u should watch more of the raiders film if u think woodson is an elite. he was HORRIBLE last year. injuries have plagued him and he played horrible when healthy last year. granted he had noone around him and the pass rush was bad but he hasnt played well in the past two years. he is the reason they had to trade p-buch. woodson killed all of his value with injuries and poor play the past two seasons.

and since we are talking dbs not just corners, how come noone has Ed Reed, who is the best safety in the league?? law would be on my list but coming back from a foot injury is hard and he isnt getting younger. i believe that when he is fully healthy he will work back into the top 10 but until he proves he can still play on the bum foot, he is off.

1. Pat Surtain-yea im biased
2. Chris McAllister-great shutdown corner, finally settled a contract and can focus on his game
3. Ed Reed-best safety in the league. best playmaker in any secondary.
4. Clements-look at the numbers the other guy posted.
5. Smoot-had a big year and got paid. teams with winfield for the second best corner tandem.
6. S. Rolle-shutdown corner, noone will pass on this ravens defense.
7. Barber-great player. solid in every way.
8. Winfield-solid tackler and great cover man
9. Dawkins-aging but still a great leader in the eagles secondary
10. Bly-best playmaking corner

Back
Top Bottom