Top Chris Chambers excuses that need to stop........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Chris Chambers excuses that need to stop........

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of people in here making excuses about Chris Chambers of not having a breakout season.

The top excuse

He gets a lot of attention from the secondary and its never open.

I love chris chambers and he can really be a human highlight film if he wanted to but this is a bit exxagerated. No team draws their full attention to one player the way you guys make it seem unless he was Randy Moss or players like Michael Vick coming out on the run.

Chris Chambers physically has everything to be a good receiver and perhaps more than what the greats ever had physically as far as in speed, height reach, strengh, athletic and so on but he has never had the ability to get open with ease. He's not consistent through games and still needs to improve on his route running. If you guys know football then you will also know that is not about speed for a receiver but it starts with the ability to get open. Rice was and is slower than chris chambers ever was but his ability to get open has led him to be the best wide receiver ever. Chambers still needs to get open and cause problems on that secondary. He is far from being fully developed and if he doesn't step up this season then he might be in danger of losing his spot at number 1 receiver if receivers like Tolver and Simmons play at that intensity. I like Simmons because in the past games I have seen him use hsi speed to get open out on the field and thats something that is promising out of this young receiver.

Quarterback

I think this one is pretty overated as well. If other great receivers have gotten so many yards with different crappy qb's in their career then why can't one player do it. We don't even have a crappy quarterback just one that lacks of arm strengh but can execute plays. If anything Jay Fiedler has lacked of support due to the unexperience or lack of dimension receivers miami has had. Fiedler has thrown to inconsistent mc knight, Gadsen lacking of speed, inconsistent chambers and so on.

These are my two excuses and there are many more. Chambers isn't a bust but he needs to go beyond of what he is asked for to be an elite receiver in the league. Knowing that miami hasn't found an answer to the receiving game until its proven this season, they will still rely on their running game and it will affect in how succesful chambers will be.

I truly wish an over achieving season for our young receiver.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
I am sick and tired of people in here making excuses about Chris Chambers of not having a breakout season.

The top excuse

He gets a lot of attention from the secondary and its never open.

I love chris chambers and he can really be a human highlight film if he wanted to but this is a bit exxagerated. No team draws their full attention to one player the way you guys make it seem unless he was Randy Moss or players like Michael Vick coming out on the run.

Tell me.......who else was getting ANY attention from the secondary? It's 8 men in the box and play Chambers when playing the phins. There was no one else to really throw to cause of injuries. He got turned into a possession receiver and rarely does a possession receiver ever crack 1000 yards.

Again....raw receiver, first year in new offensive system, concussion and no other viable WR's on a run based team. He should break out for a 1000 yards this year.

Muck....go ahead post that Fire picture again :lol:

People have been making excuses for Chambers. This is his year to either put up or shut up. I think calling him a bust was over the top, but he has to do better last year. The hit from Kennedy hurt and slowed him down, but he wasn't doing much before then that season anyway. I think he has the skill, but he now has to have a season worthy of his talent.

Oh no, another one? Maybe some points could be made out of this one though.

-Concussion
-McKnight as your 2, Ward as your 3
-Fiedler's deep ball
-Run happy O
-Lucas for 5 weeks(he missed the 1st one)
-Lack of balls thrown his way

Then again, the kid is still raw. Like mentioned earlier, that was the knock on him in 2001. He was too raw. It seemed like he never got back after the concussion. But then again, if you look at a few of his great sideline catches afterwards.. it makes you think that he was afraid to go back over the middle. I HONESTLY think the guy needs someone to knock his lights out. Call me crazy, but I'm for real. Remember what Jay said before Friday's game? He said he hopes to get hit early, to get the feel back.

I do NOT like these posts, however.. valid points HAVE been made out of them. The main thing is that he DOES need to step it up. We can't have the WR that we labled a star catching 52 balls a season. No way. Chambers needs to step it up. Did you notice the easy drops? I keep remembering the ball across the middle in the Bucs game. Take the tape out and pause it on his facial expression. He looked scared, flat out.

The season partly relies on the production of that guy, the one we're talking about. If Chambers doesn't come up big, we have NO big play WR. Thompson isn't a #1, nor does he have the potential to be one. I do think that Thompson is going to HELP Chambers alot.

Remember that Chambers that caught the game winner in Indianapolis? Remember that Chambers that made that GREEEAT catch up in Buffalo to cap off our come back? Remember that Chambers that also MURDERED the Colts? Remember that Chambers that made Woodson, Buchanon, & James want to get into the game so bad?

Yeah, you do? Well I hope he does. Because he needs to make those plays week IN and week OUT. Not every 3-4 weeks. We can't have that. The excuses end on September 7th. Chambers has the potential, he just needs to toughen up and bring that potential on to the field!

THIS IS THE CHAMBERS THAT MUST STEP ON THE FIELD THIS YEAR:
CHAMBERSTD-1.jpg

NOT THIS ONE:
img5810921-1.jpg
(yes, a disturbing pic.. he needs to add it onto his site to motivate him)

It's like P.Diddy says on MTV's Making The Band..
"I don't need good! I need GREATNESS!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Peanut

It's like P.Diddy says on MTV's Making The Band..
"I don't need good! I need GREATNESS!" [/B]

That is an awesome quote.

The bottom line is I expect that he'll do pretty well this year. Unlike a lot of rookie "sensation" WRs, Chris Chambers was not tossed into the starting lineup immediately as a rookie. He didn't have the pressure or the range of routes and positions to learn. He just had a few. We sent him into the 2002 season expecting him to learn all those other routes and perform like Eric Moulds or something after one offseason...an offseason where he battled the injury that ended his 2001 season and kept him from learning all those new positions and routes and responsibilities.

I don't consider him anything close to a bust because I predicted that he wouldn't light the world on fire in 2002, cuz he was a rookie all over again but this time a rookie starting WR. Now I expect him to do better. Bottom line

Did someone just quote Puffy from Making the Band 2??? BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Worst show ever!

Most pathetic group of individuals ever compiled.

Re: Re: Top Chris Chambers excuses that need to stop........

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Tell me.......who else was getting ANY attention from the secondary? It's 8 men in the box and play Chambers when playing the phins. There was no one else to really throw to cause of injuries. He got turned into a possession receiver and rarely does a possession receiver ever crack 1000 yards.

Again....raw receiver, first year in new offensive system, concussion and no other viable WR's on a run based team. He should break out for a 1000 yards this year.

LOL is that so? rarely? Little would you know that most of the all time receivers such as Chris Carter, were posession receivers with good enough speed. Marvin Harrison is a possesion receiver even if you don't think so. The man can catch any pass from anywhere and at times he can take it all the way. Speaking of someone who has had more catches in his span in the nfl since he was a rookie. That is a mighty good ol chambers excuse. Chambers hasn't even made a stride as a possesion receiver either. He is a speedy receiver but I would want to see more explosion out of chris chambers. Either how he isn't a bust but he had a long way to go to be next to the elite.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Shut up midget, I'll show you fire when you turn at least 15. lol

Re: Re: Top Chris Chambers excuses that need to stop........

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Thats pretty funny because many fo the all time receiving leaders have been possesion receivers. Such as Cris Carter and Jerry rice for example. While marvin harrison has great football speed, he is more of a possesion receiver cause his skills lie in his solid pass catching. His receptions speak for themselves specially if he has had more receptions than anyone in the nfl for the time he has played in the league. Which brings up what I been saying, the ability to get open is what defines a great wide receiver.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Shut up midget, i'll give you fire when you grow older than 15 franco.

Deja Vu...

These look like Fiedler threads from prior years.

Except the Fiedler bashers are now on the defensive.

Marvin a possession reciever LMAO. That is such a weak argument. Your talking about the guy who can't be covered. He's a game breaker with very good speed, excellent hands and great athleticism. Chris Carter is valid but your talking about a HOF'er and one of the top possession receivers of ALL time. How about you start talking some guys who are playing right now and in their first couple years instead of tossing out these weak comebacks.

Just the mere fact that you think Simmons or Tolver will be anything is laughable. Hell I think most people here hope these 2 can develop into a viable 3rd WR down the road. Very rarely does a 2nd day WR make much of an impact in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think people are using the term "possession receiver" correctly. Because no matter what, the WR on your team that you depend on the most, the first guy you look to when you need a play be it a first down or a touchdown, is your possession receiver. Randy Moss, is a possession receiver. Marvin Harrison, is a possession receiver. Rod Smith, same. But all these guys are more than just possession receivers, they are star receivers.

The only guys you can pidgeon-hole as possession receivers only or fly receivers only, are guys with 2nd tier talent. Chambers was given the opportunity to go deep last year. He didn't come up with the ball. He had an off year, because he was learning new roles, in a new offense. And the most critical time to learn those new roles, preseason and training camp, Chambers spent most of that time limited because of the injury he suffered at the end of 2001.

I think that Chambers' problem right now is mostly mental. Hopefully I'm dead wrong, but I fear that he may be gun-shy because of the Kennedy hit. The team may want to invest in a psycho-therapist to help him get over this. Yes, I'm serious.

Back
Top Bottom