Top Chris Chambers excuses that need to stop........ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Chris Chambers excuses that need to stop........

Originally posted by juniorseau55
I am sick and tired of people in here making excuses about Chris Chambers of not having a breakout season.

The top excuse

He gets a lot of attention from the secondary and its never open.

I love chris chambers and he can really be a human highlight film if he wanted to but this is a bit exxagerated. No team draws their full attention to one player the way you guys make it seem unless he was Randy Moss or players like Michael Vick coming out on the run.

Chris Chambers physically has everything to be a good receiver and perhaps more than what the greats ever had physically as far as in speed, height reach, strengh, athletic and so on but he has never had the ability to get open with ease. He's not consistent through games and still needs to improve on his route running. If you guys know football then you will also know that is not about speed for a receiver but it starts with the ability to get open. Rice was and is slower than chris chambers ever was but his ability to get open has led him to be the best wide receiver ever. Chambers still needs to get open and cause problems on that secondary. He is far from being fully developed and if he doesn't step up this season then he might be in danger of losing his spot at number 1 receiver if receivers like Tolver and Simmons play at that intensity. I like Simmons because in the past games I have seen him use hsi speed to get open out on the field and thats something that is promising out of this young receiver.

Quarterback

I think this one is pretty overated as well. If other great receivers have gotten so many yards with different crappy qb's in their career then why can't one player do it. We don't even have a crappy quarterback just one that lacks of arm strengh but can execute plays. If anything Jay Fiedler has lacked of support due to the unexperience or lack of dimension receivers miami has had. Fiedler has thrown to inconsistent mc knight, Gadsen lacking of speed, inconsistent chambers and so on.

These are my two excuses and there are many more. Chambers isn't a bust but he needs to go beyond of what he is asked for to be an elite receiver in the league. Knowing that miami hasn't found an answer to the receiving game until its proven this season, they will still rely on their running game and it will affect in how succesful chambers will be.

I truly wish an over achieving season for our young receiver.

So what's your solution to your Chambers problem?

Anyone can break down and destroy, where is your rebuilding or plan B with Chambers?

Oliver...

Chambers has all the talent in the world.. He just has trouble concentrating on catching the easy passes cause he's scared of getting hit.. Miami's WR coach already explained what Chambers problem is, he's not mean enough.. He went on to say that he wishes he could find a "Mean" pill for Chambers to take.. Thats all this is.. I really like Derrius Thompson though.. This guy isn't scared of getting hit or making the big play, this is a WR that will be with Miami for a long time.. Chambers on the other hand has to show what he's about this year..

Re: Re: Top Chris Chambers excuses that need to stop........

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Marvin a possession reciever LMAO. That is such a weak argument. Your talking about the guy who can't be covered. He's a game breaker with very good speed, excellent hands and great athleticism. Chris Carter is valid but your talking about a HOF'er and one of the top possession receivers of ALL time. How about you start talking some guys who are playing right now and in their first couple years instead of tossing out these weak comebacks.

Just the mere fact that you think Simmons or Tolver will be anything is laughable. Hell I think most people here hope these 2 can develop into a viable 3rd WR down the road. Very rarely does a 2nd day WR make much of an impact in the NFL.

I would like to know how many years you been watching football or having any connection to the game. Since when do you have to be a slow receiver to be a possesion receiver. There is no arguement in here except that you started it yourself and were proven wrong and you need to get your football terminology right. A possesion receiver isn't a slow receiver who is only good to make catches. A possesion receiver is a any dependable target that has the ability to get open in a consistent basis to make catches which are most of the time a teams leading receiver such as what parrot said. Marvin Harrison is a possesion receiver, Jerry Rice is a possesion receiver, marvin harrison is a possesion receiver.

Re: Re: Re: Top Chris Chambers excuses that need to stop........

Originally posted by juniorseau55

I would like to know how many years you been watching football or having any connection to the game. Since when do you have to be a slow receiver to be a possesion receiver. There is no arguement in here except that you started it yourself and were proven wrong and you need to get your football terminology right. A possesion receiver isn't a slow receiver who is only good to make catches. A possesion receiver is a any dependable target that has the ability to get open in a consistent basis to make catches which are most of the time a teams leading receiver such as what parrot said. Marvin Harrison is a possesion receiver, Jerry Rice is a possesion receiver, marvin harrison is a possesion receiver.

Possession WR's are usually slow, for sure they are not always slow. Just as Flanker WR's are not alway fast.

I think most ppl think of a slow guy as a possession type of WR, and the fast guy as the outside speed guy to strecth the field for long completions.

Gadsden was our outside guy once, and Michael Irvin also played mostly outside even though they were both very slow.

Right now we have Simmons playing inside, and he is one of our fastest WR's.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom