Top four reasons Dave..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top four reasons Dave.....

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Top four reasons Dave should be fired as on display Sunday.

Number 4 -

Total Defense- What does our head coach bring to the table? Defense? This Defense sucks as was on full display in December 2002. 35 million dollars worth of assets down the drain and he keeps adding to it year after year in the offseason.

Number 3 -

Tyrone Calico - you knew it. I knew it. The whole freaking football world knew we needed another receiver to compliment Chris Chambers. Well there he ran yesterday against a team that had a chance to draft him among others.

Number 2 -

Kyle Turley - Trouble? average left tackle? I'd rather of had both of the traits rather than put a rookie in the most important position on the offensive line. He was still out there after we low balled Wayne Gandy but Dave doesn't care about offense.

Number 1 -

"When you fall behind, now our whole game plan of coming in and doing what we can do best -- of run the ball and play action -- we're down 14-0 and all of that changes," he said.

Dave Hyde-
Down 14-0? Early in the game? And your game plan already gets tossed? You can't do that. You really can't say that. You say that and someone will toss off the one-liner about Mike Keenan being capable of running this team as effectively.

Dan Lebatard-
Miami's gruesome 31-7 loss to Tennessee brought back echoes of 62-7 against Jacksonville and 42-10 against St. Louis and 27-0 against Oakland and all the other blowout embarrassments that have exposed Miami as a fraud, flawed team with enormous cracks in its blueprint.

Zod-
Because he is Dave Wannestedt and this is his plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a sidebar ZOD...I think in #3 you are referring to the wrong player. We indeed passed on Calico, but he was taken only 11 picks later not two rounds later like you said. He also did not have neck problems...the player that did that we passed on twice, was Kelley Washington (who I wanted to see here; Calico wasn't too far down my list).

As for #2, I would much rather have Left Tackle problems now and let a prospect like Wade Smith develop (which was the plan at the start of the season) than have overpaid (which we would have) for and be stuck with an average Left Tackle like Turley.

Ok dude first of all as for the Tyrone Calico pick I agree with you, he was picked up later by tennesee in the 2nd round. We needed a young player to compliment chris chambers. As our bids for a left tackle...... they were asking too much money which couldn't be handle by our cap value. Management spent their off-season looking for a left tackle and they couldn't get one.

I basically agree with all of your points.

When you say "everybody knew," you are right. Everybody knew. Calico is a stud, and *most* everybody knew that. Instead, we took a reserve linebacker? Didn't get a LT capable of playing now?

Between the personnel decisions and the awful gameday coaching, I think it's time for Wanny to get the boot.

Believe me when I say I can add A LOT more top 4 reaqsons why Wann must go now. Reasons varying from draft decisions, personnel changes, play-calling, and most importantly... lack of leadership traits and motivation.

How about Anquan Boldin? I was incensed when the Dolphins passed on him, and look at the numbers he's putting up now.

When you put as much money into a overpriced "D" you don't have the money to pay a Kyle Turley. Turley would have came here and totally changed the attitude of this OL. He is that kind of player. You either toughen up or he will go postal on your tail. He could have been a perfect fit.

And yet another reason he needs to be fired:

Other teams find a way to contain Jason Taylor, Ricky, and Chambers, and DW can't find a way in consecutive weeks to shut down or even CONTAIN the other team's playmakers.

Back
Top Bottom