Top QB prospects for Miami

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
1. Aaron Rodgers - the best QB in the draft
2. Matt Leinart - might have trouble with a bad supporting cast
3. Dan Orlovsky - I honestly have never seen him play
4. Kyle Orton - I liked him at the beginning of the year but he has had it rough lately
5. Andrew Walter - accurate arm and could be a good QB

some late snags...
1. David Greene - could make it big in the NFL
2. Jason White - I'm not a big fan but he gets it done
3. Jason Campbell - has slipped past most radars but could be the potiential STEAL
4. Rasheed Marshall - great scrambler and pretty good arm but runs it too much

This would be my list:
1. Aaron Rogers- IMO will be the first QB chosen. The only real knock on him is his height which really isnt that bad.

2. Matt Leinart- Has all the intagibles as well as a deadly accurate arm. Does everything pretty well, but mostly is a winner.

3. Andrew Walter- Has the best arm in the draft class. Not very mobile.

4. Dan Orlovsky- Someone not many people have heard of. Highly recruited player out of highschool with big potential. He doesnt play for a great team (which could hurt him) or against great competion (which may make him look better than he is). I like him.

Later round picks- David Green, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Jason Campbell.

Sleeper- Adrian McPherson- Maybe the most talented QB in the draft. He was kicked out of school for gambling which could really hurt him, but he is fast (4.4 40) and has a cannon. He tore up the AFL despite being the youngest player in the league. Very intriguing prospect that may be a first rounder when it is all said and done.

McPherson will be eligible for the 2005 NFL draft in April.

I think he would be an awesome choice if he's around in say the 3rd round, I just don't know if a team will take a chance on him higher than that.

I think if the Dolphins get a high pick they should trade if for additional pick and get a vetern QB who can play right away, then get as much talent as they can with the extra picks.

I think it's pretty much been proven that it doesn't matter the draft order in determening NFL success.

Adrian Collects His Hardware
Indiana Firebirds QB Adrian McPherson was awarded his 2004 AFL Rookie of the Year trophy at the league's annual awards gala, held on Friday night prior to ArenaBowl XVIII. McPherson was named to the AFL All-Rookie Team and was one of seven finalists for the Offensive Player of the Year award.

clear.gif

Rodgers has a great arm and pretty good mobility, he would be a good draft pick. Leinart is way overrated. Not only does playing for the best team in the nation in USC make him look better, but he's left handed and there haven't been too many successful left-handed quarterbacks in the NFL.

I am an AFL fan, and I can tell you that McPherson is the real deal. He could be the next Vick with the way he runs and throws the football.

I really like Greene, he continues to win and throws not INTs and he just broke an SEC record with his 40th career win. He is a big QB also who won't go down easily

I really hope it isn't Spielman making the decision. I suspect he'd get someone like Orton, or worse. Rodgers looks pretty decent, and isn't surrounded by quite as much talent as Leinart has at USC.

Sleeper- Adrian McPherson- Maybe the most talented QB in the draft. He was kicked out of school for gambling which could really hurt him, but he is fast (4.4 40) and has a cannon. He tore up the AFL despite being the youngest player in the league. Very intriguing prospect that may be a first rounder when it is all said and done.[/QUOTE]

Man! Never heard of the kid but Im likeing it. If he's even half of what Vick is this kid is worth picking up. Make an easy playbook for him. Have dump passes..etc...and deep passes. If this kid, is our future qb, and we pick him up in the 3rd or latter...wherever he's going to go, that would open up out first round pick considerably. We could drop down and snag the best G, and C for the kid..and then some. Im likeing the options

This draft is full of EXCELLENT developmental QB's.

Adrian McPherson is a guy I'd take a risk on late in the draft. He's expected to go no higher than the 5th round (he might make it to the 4th if he's good at the combine, 3rd if he's amazing) There's just too much baggage with him for a team to draft him in the 3rd or higher. NFL doesn't look too fondly to gambling.

Noodle Arm said:
This draft is full of EXCELLENT developmental QB's.

Adrian McPherson is a guy I'd take a risk on late in the draft. He's expected to go no higher than the 5th round (he might make it to the 4th if he's good at the combine, 3rd if he's amazing) There's just too much baggage with him for a team to draft him in the 3rd or higher. NFL doesn't look too fondly to gambling.

Supposedly McPherson hasn't gotten in trouble since the whole gambling incident. He is definitely someone worth taking a chance on in the second day.

After watching Matt Leinart of USC against UCLA and other times over the past two seasons, I don't think he is the first pick of the draft material. He is accurate, and does a good job managing the game but look at the talent around him. He doesn't look like he moves very well and his arm looks weak. Here's hoping we don't draft him with our first pick. This guy is not a franchise QB.

Aaron Rogers of Cal looks to me like the better prospect. However, I don't think he should go in the first five of the draft. If we trade down and take him I would be ok with that, but don't take him 1 or 2.

We should either take the best player available (Johnson, Rolle,) or trade down and accumulate more picks to take who we really want and need. Personally, I would trade down to 7-10 and take the best offensive lineman and then take a QB later.

throw Alex Smith on the list.

I doubt he leaves. It would be stubborn of him to do so with this QB class.

After watching Matt Leinart of USC against UCLA and other times over the past two seasons, I don't think he is the first pick of the draft material. He is accurate, and does a good job managing the game but look at the talent around him.

Leinart has had to develop the talent around him. All of his receivers had minimal experience. Leinart is very talented & but his arm is what keeps him from being the #1 overall pick & QB.

As for being a lefty, that has no bearing on his draft status.

iceblizzard69 said:
Supposedly McPherson hasn't gotten in trouble since the whole gambling incident. He is definitely someone worth taking a chance on in the second day.

Why didnt you apply at UF ?

Back
Top Bottom