Total Access and Charles Woodson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Total Access and Charles Woodson

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Charles Woodson has to be one of the most overrated players in the NFL. In fact I think he might be THE most overrated. This guy has lived off the rep of having a good college career, being the prototypical (6'1: 200lbs with 4.4 speed) CB, being drafed high, and playing for the Raiders. Now that is not to say he was always bad. He used to be very good, maybe even a top cornerback in the NFL.

But go back to the Super Bowl against Tampa. He got lit up on a regular basis against the amazing passing attack of Brad Johnson:shakeno: . Ever since his injury he has never been the same.

Last year every play I ever saw was Woodson getting burned. The second San Diego game where they got blown out and it was absolutly pathetic. There were two touchdown passes, one to McCardell, where it was Woodsons assignment and he was 10 yards behind the guy.

Now to my suprise after all this, Total Access just reported that Pat Surtain was being shopped for a second round pick. And Adam Scheffer said that Oakland would probably be looking for a little more, i.e. a first! If someone pays up a 1st for Woodson and nobody is willing to pay more than a 2nd for Surtain there is something wrong with this league. If someone pays that much for Woodson they deserve his overrated and underperforming high priced self.

I should add that Woodson was quoted at saying "I want to be the highest paid CB in the NFL." He is not worth Bailey, he is the same age as Surtain.

Surtain had no interceptions last year might be said. But Woodson had 1.

PhinsPhan said:
I should add that Woodson was quoted at saying "I want to be the highest paid CB in the NFL." He is not worth Bailey, he is the same age as Surtain.

Surtain had no interceptions last year might be said. But Woodson had 1.

Surtain didn't have 0 ints last year, that's Madison.

While he is overrated, this past year he had an amazing game in the middle of the season vs the Vikings. I remember Moss had been dominating with 150 yards and 2 TDs 4 consecutive games before he played the Raiders and Woodson shut him down to around 20 yards.

Back
Top Bottom