Totally new concept! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Totally new concept!

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score
Totally new concept.

Let's talk about this week's upcoming game and how we are going to win.

I'll start.

Offense:
MM needs to have a better game plan with a much "busier" running game.
Tua needs to revert to the Tua of 3 weeks ago.
Offensive line needs to work well as a group to open holes for our running backs.
Receivers need to drink more, or possibly less coffee so they can hold onto the ball. (Bet you hadn't considered that - LOL
Overall, just keep moving the ball on prolonged (or even short) drives that end up in points scored. I want to see 3 to 10 points scored each quarter. Keep the pressure on their defense.

Defense:
I hope you guys are not on the field too long.
All defensive players - just do your job!
Defenses coaches - don't give their QB much time to do anything.
I want to see an effective defensive game plan.
I don't know what you changed 2 weeks ago, but un-change it.

Special Teams:

Stay alert and do your jobs!

To the entire Dolphins team - STOP THE SENSELESS PENALTIES

OK, you guys can go ahead and fill in the blanks with what we need to do, not bellyache about players not meeting your particular expectations, but what they need to do to meet those expectations.

I feel like the key to winning this game is much simpler than what anybody will post in this thread... Mike McDaniel and Tua Tagovailoa simply need to leave their ****ing ego in the locker room. Dont go out there trying to show the world you're the most explosive offense in the NFL... Just go out there and try to win this game. Irony is, they do that and they might win a blowout game and prove the world they're the most explosive offense in the NFL.

Tua needs to be sharp
deactivate MG and have two TEs block and throw screens
Although Wilson hits the hole better have Mostert run some sweeps if defenses now wanna clog between the hash marks
Wilson needs to be healthy
Our asshole kicker can’t miss any extra points

Our special teams have to stop giving up 30 40 yards at a clip

Force Allen to throw by keeping him inside the pocket
Boyer needs to be deactivated from the coaching staff this week

I feel like the key to winning this game is much simpler than what anybody will post in this thread... Mike McDaniel and Tua Tagovailoa simply need to leave their ****ing ego in the locker room. Dont go out there trying to show the world you're the most explosive offense in the NFL... Just go out there and try to win this game. Irony is, they do that and they might win a blowout game and prove the world they're the most explosive offense in the NFL.
Ironically, the expected bad weather might just force Miami to tone down their aggressiveness and work to their advantage.

Ironically, the expected bad weather might just force Miami to tone down their aggressiveness and work to their advantage.
Exactly... If the receptions look like...

Tyreek 5
Waddle 5
Shertfield 4
Gesicki 3
Ingold 2
Mostert 3
Wilson 2

Fins win this game...

• Get back to winning more on 3rd down - offense, defense
  • Fundamental tackling -
  • Takeaways favor Miami -
  • Elevate Ezukama - call a few designed screen plays he excelled with at Texas Tech.
  • Run a Power Run Package with Eric Fisher as the 6th OL.
  • Durham Smythe to play poor man’s Travis Kelce and find the soft spot in middle short zone. Watch out for incoming Matt Milano!

Last edited:
Scale back the deep throws early. Throw the quick slant, screens to build Tua's confidence. Try running on first down! Stay out of the 3rd and longs.

For Defense .... contain Allen. His throws have been off the last few weeks so keep him in the pocket and keep hitting him. A few picks would be nice.

Just some things that are on my mind

Offense

-little variance in routes for no apparent reason
-no comebacks curls, checkdowns, timely screens (i think we threw 1 sceen last week on a 3rd and 19) -- nothing to make a defense change what may be working
-McDaniel only wants a big play
-i believe tua lacks confidence in some of the play calls
-Waddle keeps dropping the ball
-Nothing underneath to RB or Ingold
-Gesicki has no catches. That's not him that is POOR COACHING
-Penalties are setting us back in drives. Add in the drops and poor timing/miscommunication we are just killing drive after drive
-Robert jones is becoming a liability
-hard to run with a finesse personnel across the board

Defense

-I think overall performance has been underappreciated by fans given the injuries but I understand the expectations. the key is being reasonable
-always on the field to their detriment
-LB postion needs total remake
-boyer is being out coached with relative ease. he sticks to what he knows and doesn't adjust. i was never on the fire boyer train but i'm looking at ticket prices right now
-7th in the run
-secondary injuries out of control. at some point you succumb
-Kohou is playing really well. Some of the penalties are complete BS and we all know it
-49ers and chargers pass heavy gameplan exposing secondary (herbert 51 attempts, purdy in his debut 37 attempts?!?!?
-X is at about 50% but at least he's playing and I wouldn't speak a bad word about him given the situation
-baker is not a quality starter
-roberts has only a few good plays in him each game
-We'd be in a lot of trouble without Jaelen phillips
-Wilkins has been great since pretty much day 1. sign him asap
-our pass rushers should have dominated the game instead they are jumping at herbert instead of tackling him. it happened too many times and he was able to extend plays and get a first down. if the players are repeating the mistake coaches have to do their damn job and insist on a change in technique
-holland has not been playing well. he's all over the field but never in the right spot. i know he is compensating but it is becoming a detriment

Scale back the deep throws early. Throw the quick slant, screens to build Tua's confidence. Try running on first down! Stay out of the 3rd and longs.

For Defense .... contain Allen. His throws have been off the last few weeks so keep him in the pocket and keep hitting him. A few picks would be nice.
Exactly. If they come out throwing 3 straight incomplete PA passes 20+ yards downfield and are forced to punt early, I’ll be pissed.

Sigh…it’s sad that “ego” is a real concern with this coach/offense.

Back
Top Bottom