Tough Break For You Dolphin Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough Break For You Dolphin Fans

R. Rich

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm a Bills fan and proud of it, but I'm not here to "rub it in" in regards to Ricky Williams. I'm still hoping that this is some sort of negotiating ploy (maybe hoping beyond hope). The guy is fun to watch. On the field, he gives you everything he has and you can't ask for any more than that.

Does anyone here know whether or not the team had ANY inkling that this could happen? Had he said anything to the organization before about possibly retiring early? If so, then it's bad timing (after the draft and after free agents like Corey Dillon and Eddie George were gone), but not underhanded. If he just blindsided the organization, then I think that's a crappy move. To the best of my knowledge (and some of you may be able to shed more light on this than I can), the Dolphins have dealt with him in a fair and square manner from the time he arrived. He actually seemed to lighten up and enjoy things more there, or maybe that was just him putting on a brave front. If he just left them high and dry, then that was wrong. Sure, everyone has the right to change their mind and all, but a little advance notice wouldn't hurt, now would it? Even at a job, people usually give the employer 2 weeks notice when they're ready to leave (unless there's bad blood or something like that). What gives?

I thought I could have fun with it but I can't. Like I basically said in the other thread, I'd rather win or lose playing against the other team with their best players.

RW has every right to be happy but his timing really sucked.

I remember when he first came over from New Orleans. He said that he never felt like part of the team over there and never felt quite at home, and that he loved it here and his new teamates and felt welcome. So much for love.

I think he's been thinking about this for some time. Last year, it didn't look so much as he was tired or worn down. But, more like he was tired of trying so hard to please. I wish him the best, I just don't agree with quitting on an organization that had so much faith in you, and gave up a lot to get you and make you happy.

what could have been:

ricky steps up and retires at the end of 2003, giving the organization a chance to adjust to life without its centerpiece.

*wonders if miami would have chosen stephen jackson or kevin jones in last aprils draft...assuming they dont deal for miami native clinton portis*

what could have been indeed...

Thse Bills fans are smiling behind their "honest"/"sympathizing" monitors.

David said:
Go Away Trolls!

Nice of you to take the time to read the post. This is not any attempt to bust your chops, as I don't engage in that type of posting.

Fiedly said:
Thse Bills fans are smiling behind their "honest"/"sympathizing" monitors.

Nope. Others may do that, but I do not. I do believe that this was a pretty F'ed up move, at least as much as I know of it.

Justasportsfan said:
I thought I could have fun with it but I can't. Like I basically said in the other thread, I'd rather win or lose playing against the other team with their best players.

RW has every right to be happy but his timing really sucked.
I completely agree. I did come here to rub it in, but the thought of beating the Dolphins just isn't as satisfying without Ricky. I will do my best to continue to salt the wound, but I can't promise my A-game. :D

PatriotGOD said:
I completely agree. I did come here to rub it in, but the thought of beating the Dolphins just isn't as satisfying without Ricky. I will do my best to continue to salt the wound, but I can't promise my A-game. :D
grow up, loser. If you gonna talk smack do it in the right place..

PatriotGOD, with putting God's name in your handle, you must be compensating for something else. The acne got the best of ya didn't it?

[sigh] I see this is heading in the wrong direction. Still, from what we know of this situation, I think it stinks and I just wanted to let you know. Not every fan of another team wants to talk smack.

Back
Top Bottom