Tough Day For Former Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough Day For Former Dolphins

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, I guess these cuts mean that our front office knows when to cut a guy loose.

Green Bay cut McGarrhan. (BTW - Do we lose the draft pick?)
New England cut Dedric Ward.
The Chiefs cut Corey Harris

Also of note, Lamar Smith is again looking for work.

As discussed below, Bromell is now available as well.

The NFL is one tough business

:samurai:

and everyone wonders why we cut em;!!!

got a feeling bromell will come to miami again...

After scanning the cut list on NFL.com my count is 14 ex-Dolphins are newly unemployed.

Atlanta Josh Rue, FB
Denver Devon Finn, DE & Heath Irwin, G
Detroit Autry Denson, RB
G.B. Scott McGarrahan, S & Lamar Smith, RB
Jax Marco Coleman, DE
K.C. Corey Harris, DB
Minn. Robert Baker, WR & Lorenzo Bromell, DE
N.E. Dedric Ward, WR
Oak. Joe Wong, OL
St L. Nick Sorenson, S
T.B. Buck Gurley, DT

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
After scanning the cut list on NFL.com my count is 14 ex-Dolphins are newly unemployed.

Atlanta Josh Rue, FB
Denver Devon Finn, DE & Heath Irwin, G
Detroit Autry Denson, RB
G.B. Scott McGarrahan, S & Lamar Smith, RB
Jax Marco Coleman, DE
K.C. Corey Harris, DB
Minn. Robert Baker, WR & Lorenzo Bromell, DE
N.E. Dedric Ward, WR
Oak. Joe Wong, OL
St L. Nick Sorenson, S
T.B. Buck Gurley, DT

Hum,,, I would bring back McGarrahan ..... He is a very good s-t's player,, at least when he was on the Dolphins roster ...

Marino1983

McGarrahan is a good ST player but wasn't he the one that asked to be released because we're deep at safety and he thought he could get a better shot somewhere else?

Originally posted by Sherif
McGarrahan is a good ST player but wasn't he the one that asked to be released because we're deep at safety and he thought he could get a better shot somewhere else?

Being cut in less than a 2 week period would tend to give a player an attitude adjustment !!!

McGarrahan is familiar with the Dolphins defensive schemes and he has shown that he can be a quality backup safety and very very good s-t's player..

If I were the Dolphin f-o, I think I could find a spot on my roster for scott ...

:)

Marino1983

I bet someone grabs Scott, but ti will not be us. If we wanted him we would have kept him to begin with.

Good for Avery.

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
It seems we can cut Edwards so we can keep that extra DB.
I think it was really Grisby/Burnett and the 9th DLmen that ended our chances of keeping Edwards. McGarrahan replaced Gamble and we kept Gamble so wonder if they like McG betta than Gamble. They are both great ST players, but I though Gamble showed more as a S

I'd bring McGarrahan back and cut Grigsby...but thats just me :D

I think 6 safeties is 1 too many. Meanwhile, we ususally keep 5 DEs.

Forget Scott McGarrahan. I think he needs to move on. When you ask to be traded like that, I wouldn't necessarily say there's bitterness between the two parties, but I wouldn't say its all that likely that we're clamoring to bring the guy back all the sudden.

The name that piques my attention is Nick "Sunshine" Sorenson. He was here and he really looked good for us, made it hard for us to cut him because he was so versatile and could do whatever we wanted. Most importantly, he's a special teams demon. He had 24 special teams tackles in St Louis this year I believe, and according to Pro Football Talk, Ron Del Duca and Sorenson are very upset about the surprise release...and there are a lot of coaches in the Rams organization who are too. Rams officials even admitted that there weren't 53 players on the roster that were better than Sorenson. But Martz overruled his staff on this one...and I say, if there was room on this roster for Scott McGarrahan last year, there maybe should be some room on this roster for Nick Sorenson this year. He's a better safety project period, and he was very popular with the team when he was here.

Everyone calls him "Sunshine" I do believe it was his Dolphin teammates who originally dubbed him that.

Another guy we should consider heavily is Lorenzo Brommell. Charles Lee also did get cut out of Tampa and I like him, but he's not making this team above Simmons or Tolver so unless we could for some weird reason convince him to join our psquad...then forget about ANY of the WR cuts...

Then again...Marvin Minnis just got cut. He's small and skinny as a rail but that boy can get open...in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom