Tough Love Would A Loss To Pats Help Us More? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough Love Would A Loss To Pats Help Us More?

I can’t find much of a reason to care. The Dolphins have already ruined this season for me multiple times, there’s nothing they can do on Sunday that will matter.

I always want the Fins to win. No matter what, especially as its the Pats.
Season is done now so I'm all a bit flat this week after that non show against the Titans. I will be ok by Sunday but that performance on Sunday has took any hype out of this game for me right now.

Hey all!

Just want to say that, as another poster expressed upthread, I hope you guys beat the *Patriots Sunday.

Soul searching tough question. I detest the Patriots more than any other team. Straight seething hatred. I love watching us wreck them. However, if you’re in the Flo and Grier have to go camp, would it be better for the Phins to lose? I’ll still be rooting for us to win by 100 points but I thought it was a good thought exercise.

I believe these decisions are made when eliminated from post season contention. Grier’s fate may be sealed because of 2020 draft. I don’t think this game means anything.

Is one more loss really going to push Ross to fire these clowns?

I just don't think losing ever helps.

I don’t think the game Sunday will factor into any decisions going forward. I believe Ross has already decided to keep Grier and Flores for the 2022 season. They likely have already decided if they want to go into the 2022 season with Tua or if they will look to bring in a veteran QB to replace him.

Flores will decide immediately after the season which coaches he wants to retain and which coaches he wants to replace. Grier and Flores will have to sit down and decide which of the Dolphins free agents they want to try and resign or possibly franchise.
They then will have to decide which free agents they want to try and sign once the free agent period begins.

Grier and his staff should already have a good idea what positions they will be looking at in the first and second round of the draft.

I think that while they do play this week and the coaches and players are getting prepared to play. The FO and Grier are already preparing for what happens after the game is over and the off season begins.

They maybe able to manipulate a match up vs the team with the worst record all time in playoff games. Instead of facing the Bills.
The worst record all time in the playoffs is a meaningless stat. Its not the players on that team incurred those losses.

I want us to come out with the mindset of absolutely annihilating the opponent. Stop with the cute trick plays, passes behind the LOS and just run wide open. Don't worry about throwing interceptions and don't worry about stats. We seem to be too scheme orientated and that tips our hand. Call the play, hit the open receiver or run with the ball. (There were too many opportunities for Tua to run with the ball last Sunday and he was always looking to dump it off to someone standing beside him) This needs to be a game where everyone is pushed out of their comfort zones and let's see what we have to work with.

Back
Top Bottom