Tough Schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough Schedule

SDFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Aside from the thoughts that Fiedler and the entire coaching staff are gone, it appears that we had the toughest schedule. 5 of our 6 losses were to New England, Tennessee, Indy, and Philly. Those teams have 12 losses combined!! I challenge anyone to find me a team that has played a tougher bunch. I know the schedules are made in advance based on the previous year's schedule, but we had it tough this season. We could realisitically finish 10-6 and not make the playoffs. When was the last time a 10-6 team didn't make it??

If any team finishes 10-6 this year without making the playoffs, the playoffs will expand.

Of course, that quite possibly will happen no matter what...

Well lets see...

New England has almost the same schedule as us, but different results. They beat Tenn away, beat Indy away, beat Philly away, beat Denver away, and beat us twice. Does that answer your question?

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Well lets see...

New England has almost the same schedule as us, but different results. They beat Tenn away, beat Indy away, beat Philly away, beat Denver away, and beat us twice. Does that answer your question?

Good points, but to correct you, they beat Tennesee at home, Philly early when they sucked, and Denver seriously choked the game away. Nonetheless, NE is the only team I can think of that even has a comparable schedule.

The whole AFC east had that schedule only differences being who they played out West, where you played San Diego, so it could be said that you had the easiest schedule of the East. My roommate is a Lions fan, and he brought up how hard their schedule is(as well as the rest of the North), obviously GB and MIN twice, but of of division... Denver ,SF, Dallas, Seattle, KC, Carolina, and ST. Louis. Now they are not a good team either way, but that's rough.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
If any team finishes 10-6 this year without making the playoffs, the playoffs will expand.

The league isn't going to take away the incentive of a bye week and only needing 2 games to reach the Super Bowl to add two more teams the playoffs.

Eh, maybe you're right. What I do seem to recall is that there were a shocking number of owners who seemed to want to vote for it after last year. I believe the compromise was to wait until this year was done, then vote on it...

Originally posted by cportis26

The league isn't going to take away the incentive of a bye week and only needing 2 games to reach the Super Bowl to add two more teams the playoffs.

Clinton, how are ya feeling? You gonna play and expoit Indy's soft D to eliminate the Fins??

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Well lets see...

Denver choked that game away like someone already said, but the Broncos were using a 3rd string QB who wasn't on the any NFL roster a couple weeks before that game. That game shouldn't have been close.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S

Clinton, how are ya feeling? You gonna play and expoit Indy's soft D to eliminate the Fins??

Doubt it. I'd put money down that he doesn't play, they're just saying that he's 50/50 so the Colts have to focus on the possibility that he'll play even a little this weekend.

On the plus side, he wasn't on crutches today.

Back
Top Bottom