Toughest Cuts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Toughest Cuts

I hope you are wrong NYDolfan. I like DNY's list of cuts alot better.

I will be very disappointed if they cut Edwards. Hearst showed us last year that it is possible to come back and be a productive NFL back. You gotta give this guy a chance to return to form if he stays healthy.

I can't see us cutting all rookies except Seth M. It would be crazy. We would have the worst draft. Most of the rookies will stay due t the fact that that will always have room to improve, because they are rookies. None of them are expected to make an immediate impact. That's why we hold on to them, and place them on special teams.

Yeah but lets face it pre-injury Robert Edwards was no pre-injury Garrison Hearst. Hearst was one of the best RBs in the league when he went down. Robert just had a decent season following the same OL that had just gotten done blocking for Curtis Martin the season before.

Robert Edwards was pretty good but I don't think he was on his way to stardom like Garrison was. Still Edwards is this year's Kijana Carter of last year if he manages to take snaps at runningback and perform well. Lets just hope that he doesn't turn out like Kijana Carter next year, cuz this year Kijana got too lofty in his own comeback success and showed up to Packer camp completely out of shape and overweight, sucking wind and about to get cut.

I'm pretty sure Henry will make the team and look for him to start working on Kick Returns along with Minor.....

I think many of you are giving Nails too much credit. He hasn't really shown much, and in my opiniion would likely be the first to be on the cut list out of the offensive lineman. Many of you also aren't giving Andrew and Cesario much of a chance, in my opinion, just because they aren't "names" you can recognize. But, both of them have talent, and more importantly are YOUNG and VERSATILE.

If it comes down to a close call between one of the younger guys and Nails, I think the youngster would win out 9 times out of 10, just because there is more of a chance of them developing into their potential. Nails had his shots and hasn't done much with them, it wouldn't make sense to keep him around if that is the case.

Also, along the O-line your backup guard usually fills BOTH backup spots. Right AND LEFT, so even if they are currently competing at, say, RG... that doesn't mean you automatically have to pencil in a guy from the LG spot. Things are still early and its will probably be a while before we see how the O-line shakes out.

My pick for the likely depth chart:
POS - Starter (Backups)

LT - Smith (Spriggs)
LG - Dixon (Perry, Andrew)
C - Ruddy (McKinney,Andrew)
RG - Searcy (Perry)
RT - Wade (Cesario)

... although, it could look like this (and might be prefferred):

LT - Dixon (Smith OR Spriggs)
LG - Perry (Nails)
C - Ruddy (McKinney,Andrew)
RG - Searcy (Andrew)
RT - Wade (Cesario)

So you think we'll keep 10 offensive lineman?? It would be nice. But it's not very common.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Battles and Bubble Players

QB - Kustof vs. Levcik
RB - Edwards vs. Henry
FB - Dyer vs. Ayenbadejo
WR - Ogden vs. Simmons vs. Baker
OT - Smith vs. Spriggs
OL - Andrew vs. Cesario vs. Spriggs
TE - Mayes vs. Himself vs. Draper

DE - Ogunleye vs. the other 3 LEs with guaranteed spots.
DT - Grant vs. Taylor vs. Atkins
LB - Seaverns vs. Shields vs. Galyon vs. Hendricks vs. Russell
DB - Ray Green vs. McGarrahan vs. Gamble

As of now, I believe:

Levcik beats Kustoff
Ogden beats Simmons, Baker
Seaverns/Sheilds........at least one of them makes the roster.

The rest are to close/early to call.

Originally posted by Muck
So you think we'll keep 10 offensive lineman?? It would be nice. But it's not very common.

Yup!

This is how I see the roster count coming down:

OFFENSE
O-line: 10
WR: 5
RB: 6
TE: 3
QB: 3
---------

DEFENSE
D-Line: 9
LB: 6
Secondary: 9
-------------

SPECIAL TEAMS
K - 1
P - 1
-------

**** Although, it is VERY possible we will only keep 5 Running Backs, giving us an extra spot for the Defense.

Just one thing... This year I understand there is a seventh spot on the practice squad. That spot is reserved for a Quarterback.

My prediction: Levick makes squad... Kustof on practice squad.

Back
Top Bottom