Trace Armstrong retiring... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trace Armstrong retiring...

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Former Dolphin To Call It Quits
Nov. 27th, 2003
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Oakland Raider and former Miami Dolphins DE Trace Armstrong will likely retire after the end of the season following an injury-plagued tenure with the Raiders. "These three years have been the toughest of my career," Armstrong said. "I've never experienced anything like this. I'm tired of it. The biggest thing for me is I feel that I let this organization down. They brought me out here to do something, and I haven't been able to do it for them."

Where did Trace start his career? I really liked Trace when he was here..

he was here 6 years and i dont remember who said this in the sentinel, but whoever it was said that they feel that trace should retire as a dolphin...

I know he was with Indy for awhile...

Originally posted by stan marino
I believe he started with the bears.

Well Your Beliefs are right on the mark there Stanley. :lol:

The Bears traded him to the Fins I believe.

He left for the money---he would have been better off taking less money and staying here.

I forget now -- was he one of the four with the supposedly positive drug tests a couple of weeks back?

No, that was bill romanowski, tyrone wheatly, barret robins, and this other offensive line..

According to this link, it is Stubblefield, Robins, Romanowski, and Cooper. I didn't think Wheatley was one of them, but I wasn't sure about Armstrong...

o my bad, they tested wheatley for it but his failed... i just couldnt remember the fourth one, stubblefield...

Originally posted by RikWriter
He left for the money---he would have been better off taking less money and staying here.

That is soooooooo not true... He clearly stated after the signing was official he tried to stay a Dolphin but Speilman would not budge..

If I can recall correctly Trace received an off for like 18 M for 5 or 6 years and a hefty signing bonus... Trace would have accepted less than half that amount to stay a Dolphin but Speilman and Wanny ended up saying NO...

Trace was heartbroken that he could not stay a Dolphin......

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Former Dolphin To Call It Quits
Nov. 27th, 2003
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Oakland Raider and former Miami Dolphins DE Trace Armstrong will likely retire after the end of the season following an injury-plagued tenure with the Raiders. "These three years have been the toughest of my career," Armstrong said. "I've never experienced anything like this. I'm tired of it. The biggest thing for me is I feel that I let this organization down. They brought me out here to do something, and I haven't been able to do it for them."

Where did Trace start his career? I really liked Trace when he was here..
i always liked trace, i almost bought his jersey in 2000! glad i didn't he wasn't a fin after that. he proved the old men in this world could still do it!;)

I think we should give him a one year deal next year if O-Gun gets a load of money and leaves giving us a pick. Spend a mid rounder pick on DE, sign Armstrong, and keep our current DE core and we should be ok. We know how to use him far better than the Raiders. Trace is a third down guy.

OK, so thats assuming Trace doesn't retire. Then who plays 1st and 2nd down? The rookie? David Bowens? I doubt it. We'd have to sign a street free agent......

No David Bowens would. He beats out O-Gun in camp, and that means something. You have to realize #2 DE is not the most difficult position to replace. We have a way of finding DEs.

Are you kidding? If its not that difficult to replace, then why did we have trouble between Trace Armstrong and O-gun. I do remember having David Bowens during that stretch, I may be wrong though......

Back
Top Bottom