Trade down Partner - the Chiefs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down Partner - the Chiefs?

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
KC obviously needs Defensive help more than a Reciever, yet almost all of the mocks Ive seen has them selecting a WR at #30 - simlpy because the top tier defensive players are all off the board by the time they pick. There seems to be little defensive value at #30. By moving up 10 picks and giving up thier seconder (#62), they will be in great position to take one of the top LB's, or a DT like Starks, Tubbs, or Dockett.

And by moving down to #30, we can obviously pick an OL such as Smiley, Carey or Snee and pick up the additional #2. (we may need to throw in a 4-5th rounder to solidify the deal).

Thoughts?

A 2nd round pick might be a bit steep for moving up from 20 to 30, but it is late in the round, so the price isn't unreasonable, particularly if KC sees someone they really like. I'm all for it (if Andrews is gone).

Originally posted by Surferosa
KC obviously needs Defensive help more than a Reciever, yet almost all of the mocks Ive seen has them selecting a WR at #30 - simlpy because the top tier defensive players are all off the board by the time they pick. There seems to be little defensive value at #30. By moving up 10 picks and giving up thier seconder (#62), they will be in great position to take one of the top LB's, or a DT like Starks, Tubbs, or Dockett.

And by moving down to #30, we can obviously pick an OL such as Smiley, Carey or Snee and pick up the additional #2. (we may need to throw in a 4-5th rounder to solidify the deal).

Thoughts?

I'd go for that I think we could pick up a T and G with the first and second picks and go after a WR with our third Maybe Davery Henderson out of LSU...that would leave 4,6 and 7 to draft a LB,DT and S with the remaining picks sounds like a great draft outcome to me. I think Andrews would be great, but we could get so much more with that extra pick I say yes to the trade down, Although I'd rather trade with SD...our first for their second and the second they get from the Giants when they trade picks. :D

I still like the San Diego scenerio/thread much better. This could be one of the more exciting drafts since JJ tapped John Avery as our 1st pick. lol

I like this deal too, but am not sure that KC would give us a 2nd rounder, however, as was said, it would be a late 2nd/almost 3rd round pick...We would still be able, I think, to get Smiley, Grove, or Snee...maybe Carey, but I doubt it...I think they may go after a DT with that 2nd pick or a tweener like Boulware, if there, that may end up as a safety in the pros, but does fit the MLB mold we like...could be interesting....I still like the Chargers scenario better but this all remanis to be seen...

I'd look into that trade which is almost like getting a 3rd since that 2nd is so late. I think Smiley would be gone before that 30th pick tho. At that point we might have to look at Carey who I'm not sold on or Snee but he can't play OT.We could take a WR or DT and then go o-line in the 3rd with a guy like Clarke but we'll see.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom