Trade down with Denver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down with Denver

crowder_rules

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We should trade back with Denver. We get the 22 pick and about the 30th depending on where they end up. we give them the 16 and 48. look at the pick value chart-its totally fair. besides i think cutler will be gone by 16. and if he is there, no one will need him til 22 either. so anyway, with the

22 pick: Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State

30 pick: Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State

by the way, I'm not from Ohio, but I thought these were the two best values. Other value picks include Darnell Bing, S, USC. Antonio Cromartie, DB, FSU. Marcus McNeil, OT, Auburn.

crowder_rules said:
We should trade back with Denver. We get the 22 pick and about the 30th depending on where they end up. we give them the 16 and 48. look at the pick value chart-its totally fair. besides i think cutler will be gone by 16. and if he is there, no one will need him til 22 either. so anyway, with the

22 pick: Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State

30 pick: Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State

by the way, I'm not from Ohio, but I thought these were the two best values. Other value picks include Darnell Bing, S, USC. Antonio Cromartie, DB, FSU. Marcus McNeil, OT, Auburn.

If i knew for sure that Cutler would be there at 22 and LT Jon Scott at 30 id trade down.

Why does everyone just assume that the other team even WANTS to trade up when they say stuff like this? Tell me, why is Denver giving up the #30 to #32 pick in the draft just to move up from #22 to #16? Who do they get that is so much better?

And don't talk about the value chart. Just proposing a trade that makes sense from the value chart doesn't mean Denver will do it. This is supply and demand, not some silly chart. The chart is merely a tool.

I don't know why they'd give up two first rounders for our one. They don't have a lot of needs to fill and there's probably no one that they could really use with our pick.

houtz said:
I don't know why they'd give up two first rounders for our one. They don't have a lot of needs to fill and there's probably no one that they could really use with our pick.

I guess the idea was we give up our 1st and 2nd for their two 1sts.

It evens out on "the chart" but teams have to have a reason to do something like that. In this case who would Denver want so badly that they move up to get him?

Marcus McNeil is much better than Youboty and Carpenter... combined. No way you pass on him

well, we have to wait til draft day, if somebody slips between the cracks, and denver feels hes worth moving up for, i wouldnt mind that deal. this draft is loaded with talent, and we have alot of holes to fill

I would rather trade up and ensure we get our QB of the future. If not there will be a very good player there at 16 whether thats Michael Huff, Chad Greenway, Winston Justice, or Marcus McNeil. That caliber of player won't be there if we trade down. There will be two good players, but no great ones.

i mean...ok the way Denver has played and are still in the Superbowl race....what exactly do they need that they would need to trade two picks for one??

Back
Top Bottom