Trade for Drew Henson and Sign Brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Drew Henson and Sign Brunell

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We should trade a 4th rounder for Drew Henson and sign Mark Brunell for 2 years. This gives Henson time to get back to playing football and ready for the NFL. Mark Brunell will allow us to get as deep was we can in the playoffs.

Henson is someone who I like a lot(if he would focus 100% on football), and he still has a load of potential. I'd say that he's one of our possibilities, but I'm still waiting to see how his whole situation shapes up.

Kiper said we might be able to get him for a 3rd. I'd like to do that & draft a WR first.

Man if we could get Henson for a 4th I would take him in a heartbeat. Unfortunately if it at any point looks like he's going to be able to get out of his baseball contract, we would have to trade a first for him

Hank Goldberg is sittin on a July futures bet, on Carolina for 80 to 1. I don't know how much he bet but he said he bet on 3 teams...Minnesota, Kansas City, and Carolina...so it could be a sizable bet and heck at 80 to 1 even a $100 bet turns out to be $8000.

My god when I get some money in my pocket I'm makin some futures bets I tell ya.

I like Henson, but i would prefer Rivers. i believe this guy is combo of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

He's got a strong arm (like I've been saying his release makes his arm appear weaker then what it is, MK backed that up), he's a tremendous leader, and has that monster release (since the days of Marino, no one is faster). he needs to work on his footwork (who better to teach him then Dan Marino).

if you've seen the NC state games, he looks like Manning at the LOS. he audibles a lot, and is as frantic looking. his completes a lot of passes, and in NC state runs a similar offense to NE. throw short, to set up the deep ball (the dolphins run something similar except the deep ball sucks).

Drew Henson was set to be a top 5 pick in the draft. How long ago was that? Does anyone know how old he is?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Man if we could get Henson for a 4th I would take him in a heartbeat. Unfortunately if it at any point looks like he's going to be able to get out of his baseball contract, we would have to trade a first for him

His baseball contract does not restrict him in what he does. He can leave that whenever he wants but he'll lose out on a lot of $. If we don't trade for him, or nobody else does before the draft, we should take him in the 3rd round.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

He's got a strong arm (like I've been saying his release makes his arm appear weaker then what it is, MK backed that up), he's a tremendous leader, and has that monster release (since the days of Marino, no one is faster). he needs to work on his footwork (who better to teach him then Dan Marino).

His fluttering passes make him look like he has no arm because he doesn't have an arm. If he had an arm teams would be all over him because he is a good leader & with time, practice, & patience they could get his mechanics & footwork straightened out. But we don't have time to wait on him. We need to win now before we have to start reloading our defense.

I would love to have Drew Henson, but he will cost a lot of money. His rights are owned by the Texans, but if he doesn't sign a contract by draft day he will go back into the draft and he will be a first round pick. I would love to trade him for a third round pick, but we would have to give him mid first round pick money.

Originally posted by SMadison29

His fluttering passes make him look like he has no arm because he doesn't have an arm. If he had an arm teams would be all over him because he is a good leader & with time, practice, & patience they could get his mechanics & footwork straightened out. But we don't have time to wait on him. We need to win now before we have to start reloading our defense.

I'll trust my own judgement, and be cool with someone like Kiper backing it up then worry about why he's not the #1 QB in the draft. fluttering passes? where? i see him throw spirals more often then not. his footwook needs help, but Marino had the GREATEST footwook as QB . I'm sure he'll help the Rook out (no matter who it is, and what the problem is).

if you haven't noticed miami already needs to reload on D. miami needs a REAL OLB, FS, DE (if ogun leaves which he shouldn't), and maybe another DT (bowens aint cutting it). there is a reason why it falls apart at the end of year (age and TOP).

I didn't mean fluttering in terms of spirals, I meant it in terms of floating passes. His deep ball sucks as much as Fiedler's. Also, with his quirky short throwing motion he doesn't get much on his passes. We'll see his stock start to fall here in couple Monday's once Senior Bowl practice opens up.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I didn't mean fluttering in terms of spirals, I meant it in terms of floating passes. His deep ball sucks as much as Fiedler's. Also, with his quirky short throwing motion he doesn't get much on his passes. We'll see his stock start to fall here in couple Monday's once Senior Bowl practice opens up.
I'll bet that his stock rises. if I'm right you gotta put "blueprint is a genius" and I'll do the same for you ;)

I've seen PR nail his long balls. I've watched 4 games of his, and couldn't be more impressed.

Back
Top Bottom