Trade for Drew Henson and Sign Brunell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Drew Henson and Sign Brunell

i actually think his stock will fall at the combine, but i also think he could be the most successful out of the group... i see him landing in Green Bay though, not sure why, but i actually had a dream and rivers was wearing green and gold.

hopefully spielman and marino can find the right qb for us.

what is this fascination with drew henson? he wasn't really earth-shattering at michigan (he ranked #6 in passing efficiency, behind brees, rashard casey, zak kustok, kurt kittner, and steve bellisari-not exactly a bunch of aa's) and he's been out of the game for 4 years now, do you guys think he's just gonna come in and be ready to go from jump street? i'd rather sign a proven commodity or draft a youngster than sign another chad hutchinson

Im not saying we should get Henson to play right away...hes not ready...but after a 2 year internship with Brunell he can get back into the swing of things and you saw in 2000 what he did...throw 18 TD's and only 4 INT's and a 61% completion average

Hey Blueprint I will take you on in that little wager as well.

Originally posted by chambers84
How do you figure we would have to pay him first round $$ if taken in the 3rd Round??

I said traded for a third round pick. If he doesn't sign a contract by the draft, he will enter the draft and will be a first round pick IMO. That is why we would trade a third round pick for him and give him first round $$$$.

Henson has already stated that he is giving up on baseball. He was third on the depth chart for the NY....Good for Football...

Someone will get him. But I think it will cost a 2nd or 3rd.

I would take him over any QB in this draft other than E. Manning!!!

Drew Henson would have been a top 5 pick in the draft had he come out. There are some who swear he would have been the first pick in the draft period.

He was quite good, has all the tools ya want and need.

I have not heard Henson say he is really giving up on playing for the Yanks. Since spring training is before the draft, I w/expect him to go to spring training and if he is not going to be a major leager in 2004, then give it up. Of course, the Yanks did resign a young 3rd basemen in Aaron Boore so there w/seem little chance of Henson starting for the Yanks even if he shows signs of not striking out every other at bat.

Back
Top Bottom