Trade Rumor? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Rumor?

MARINO1384

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score

Take it for what it’s worth but possibly for Jonathan Allen. Replacement for Wilkins at a slightly decreased price than what he got. Same age might be better pass rusher but not as good in run defense. Washington paying another high end DT Daron Payne 20+ million so possibility that 2 high priced DT’s aren’t needed in their new DC’s scheme.

Brought this up in another thread but they lost their first round pick Newton at def tackle to foot surgery.. so that’s not good.

And if we were in the market to trade for a front line def tackle to replace Wilkins why would we sign 4 def tackles who got reps last year

Last edited:
Brought this up in another thread but they lost their first round pick Newton at def tackle to foot surgery.. so that’s not good.

And if we were in the market to trade for a front line def tackle to replace Wilkins why would we sign 4 def tackles who got reps last gear
Good point dj

I just don’t see it. If they wanted to pay a DT over $20 million a year, they would have just signed Wilkins. Wilkins is better than Allen and Allen isn’t worth his present contract.

I think they will just go into the season with the defensive linemen they have now unless they can pick up a veteran defensive lineman at a lot less money in the next few months.

Take it for what it’s worth but possibly for Jonathan Allen. Replacement for Wilkins at a slightly decreased price than what he got. Same age might be better pass rusher but not as good in run defense. Washington paying another high end DT Daron Payne 20+ million so possibility that 2 high priced DT’s aren’t needed in their new DC’s scheme.

Dyami Brown?!?!?

We can't be in the market for another WR, can we???

I just don’t see it. If they wanted to pay a DT over $20 million a year, they would have just signed Wilkins. Wilkins is better than Allen and Allen isn’t worth his present contract.

I think they will just go into the season with the defensive linemen they have now unless they can pick up a veteran defensive lineman at a lot less money in the next few months.
Agree. I think this year is going to be one long try out session for those guys at DT hoping one or more show signs of sticking around.

Allen is 29 so not sure if you would trade for him and then sign him to an extention when you can draft a younger player next year.

Agree. I think this year is going to be one long try out session for those guys at DT hoping one or more show signs of sticking around.

Allen is 29 so not sure if you would trade for him and then sign him to an extention when you can draft a younger player next year.
My view is they will use the 2025 draft to select a top defensive tackle. They learned from the signing of Suh to a huge contract several years ago that highly paid defensive tackles don’t make you a playoff team.

I think they will select a DT in 2025 and that player will play on a rookie contract for 4 to 5 years instead of having to pay $20 plus millions of dollars for a high priced DT.

Last edited:
I'd consider giving up a 2nd & 3rd for him but not sure how the contract will fit

A 2nd wouldn’t be on the table and a 3rd won’t be possible right now. 4th would have to be the highest offer I’d consider. I believe his salary is in the $15M range for this season so that’s not bad. We’ll have the money to do that in a little over two weeks and his salary is probably below market value.

That said, I don’t believe we’ll be doing this deal. I think they’re going to hold onto that Howard money to give us a rollover cushion next year after acquiring a bunch of cheaper DTs.

Would want almost Wilkins money.

Not buying it

And if we were in the market to trade for a front line def tackle to replace Wilkins why would we sign 4 def tackles who got reps last year

Maybe wasn’t available earlier in offseason. As you said they got Newton in the draft who’s a 1st round talent. Allen turns 30 next year and could lose some value as well as he’s worth less with only one year remaining on his contract.

Back
Top Bottom