Trade the 16th Pick?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade the 16th Pick??

gunnakillbrady

boy i think they like me
Reaction score
I think that with the depth of this draft at our needs it'd be a good idea to trade down aquire a late first rounder and maybe a 2nd and a 3rd. Any thoughts on what we'd be able to get for our 16th or disagree with me?

If we trade down, I guarantee Saban will not trade down until we are on the clock.

The man believes in value over need. Therefore, there could be excellent value at the #16 pick that we did not expect to be there.

I like the idea of trading down and getting two guys instead of one, but I don't think we can go into the draft saying that the Dolphins will trade down, nor can we go into the draft saying we'll stay put at #16.

I would LOVE to trade down... Dont know if it is going to be possible though.

The best case scenerio I see is the Colts wanting to trade up and get DeAngelo Williams (the most NFL ready back... and one that can help them make a strong push this year... since their window is closing)

jimthefin said:
NO CHANCE he falls to 16.

NONE.

clear.gif

I'm pretty sure he's talking about D.Williams, who was referenced earlier. But most of the mocks I've seen have him taken long after our pick, so I think he very well may be available at #16. With White hurt, it only increases Williams stock, so we may have a better chance to trade now.

JFoxx said:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about D.Williams, who was referenced earlier. But most of the mocks I've seen have him taken long after our pick, so I think he very well may be available at #16. With White hurt, it only increases Williams stock, so we may have a better chance to trade now.

I think he's referring to Vince Young

Trading back looks like a very attractive option. The value is better in the late 20's than at 16. That's the problem. Chances are no one is going to be interested in trading up to 16 for that very reason.

We won't know until draft day...

because it will depend on whether a team is enamored with a certain player. We may have to make a few small moves instead of that giant leap back however. Maybe we can't recoup the second round pick...but I wouldn't mind picking up an extra couple of 4ths or something like that.

Gardenhead said:
If we trade down, I guarantee Saban will not trade down until we are on the clock.

I wouldn't be so confident in that. You actually hit the nail on the head with your statement that came immediately after this one. Saban is all about value. If somebody bowls him over for the 16 the day before the draft, he'll pull the trigger in a heartbeat. Take for example the hypothetical Jets #29 and second rounder for #16 trade. If the Jets did offer it the day before the draft, I believe Nick would recognize it for the exceptional value it is and pull the trigger. If he wouldn't, I think it would be about not trading with the enemy, not about needing to make the trade before he was on the clock.

Take for example the hypothetical Jets #29 and second rounder for #16 trade.

Pick #29 and #35 for our #16? That's not a trade, that's punching them in the nose and taking their lunch money. I wouldn't stop smiling for a month if we did that to the Jets.

MiamiMan147 said:
Pick #29 and #35 for our #16? That's not a trade, that's punching them in the nose and taking their lunch money. I wouldn't stop smiling for a month if we did that to the Jets.

Oh, I agree. I picked it because it would be an obvious lopsided trade and because it has gotten a pretty good amount of discussion around here so people are familiar with it.

Back
Top Bottom