Trade up to draft Huff! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade up to draft Huff!

Miamifin23

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about trading up to draft a QB, I say no to that, we trade up and draft Michael Huff. The guy can play CB, FS, or SS. He brings versatility to very little players can these days. The guy not only had a very fast 40 time in the combine but he was pretty impressive with the bench press. If you watched the Rose Bowl, you know that kind of football player this kid is, and any team that drafts him is going to have themselves an all-pro for many years to come.

Miamifin23 said:
Everyone is talking about trading up to draft a QB, I say no to that, we trade up and draft Michael Huff. The guy can play CB, FS, or SS. He brings versatility to very little players can these days. The guy not only had a very fast 40 time in the combine but he was pretty impressive with the bench press. If you watched the Rose Bowl, you know that kind of football player this kid is, and any team that drafts him is going to have themselves an all-pro for many years to come.

No I don't like the idea for trading up for anyone. Cause we need alot of help in so many areas. We need our draft picks.

Trade DOWN for Ko Simpson / Darnell Bing / Daniel Bullocks...

And with the additional draft picks we get, solidify other areas as well!

Ok guys, do you want a Ed Reed or Polomalu type player or would you rather have just a couple of good players? I would rather have that kind of player that other coaches fear when they come to play. I want a game changer, rather than a couple of solid players. We can fill holes via free agency, and our later rounds.

In order to grab Huff the Phins would have to trade up 7-9 spots, that is too expensive for a team with so many holes to fill and so many veterans

IMO Trading up is too expensive.We would have to give up our 3rd or 4th and maybe our 2nd if we trade up far enough.We have too few picks as it is.

The exception might be if you are really sold on a QB or a LT.

Miamifin23 said:

No, you wouldn't trade up for that.

Miamifin23 said:
Ok guys, do you want a Ed Reed or Polomalu type player or would you rather have just a couple of good players? I would rather have that kind of player that other coaches fear when they come to play. I want a game changer, rather than a couple of solid players. We can fill holes via free agency, and our later rounds.

I'm a big Huff fan, but it is a very bad idea to trade up. We need every pick we have this year. We have picks 1-4 and (3) 7th round picks. In order for us to move up that high in the draft; we would have to give up a third or fourth round pick. As deep as this draft is, it would be stupid to lose a first day pick, when we have plenty of other needs to fill.

Mile High Fin said:
Trade DOWN for Ko Simpson / Darnell Bing / Daniel Bullocks...

And with the additional draft picks we get, solidify other areas as well!

I agree, Ko Simpson!

I wouldn't trade up for anyone, imo thats a losing gameplan. We need more guys drafted not less.

trading up will only cost us picks that could really hurt us in the long run. I love Huff, but I think trading up is a really bad idea

im officially on the trade down for ko bandwagon! maybe it could help us pick up another pick later on in the draft

Back
Top Bottom