Trade Wale to Vikings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Wale to Vikings

Fin4life

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think of all the teams in the top 20, the Vikings may be the best destination for Wale.

They easily have the cap space and both good pass rushers (Udeze and Smith) will likely be off the board by the time we pick.

Take their 19th pick, and we'd have a real shot at getting both our O-lineman and WR.

I think there's a chance Andrews will be there at 19 and if not, we could trade down a few spots and still get Carey. Then we can take whatever WR is there at 20.

To me, waiting seems to be a better solution than signing an average RT that would only be a stopgap solution.

For the heck of it, here's my mock draft also.

1-Giants (trade with Chargers) Eli Manning
2-Raiders-Mike Williams
3-Cardinals-Larry Fitzgerald
4-Chargers-Robert Gallery
5-Texans (trade with Redskins)-Sean Taylor
6-Lions-Kellen Winslow Jr.
7-Browns-Ben Roethlisberger
8-Falcons-Roy Williams
9-Jaguars-DeAngelo Hall
10-Redskins-Tommie Harris
11-Steelers-Stephen Jackson
12-Jets-Chris Gamble
13-Bills-Keneche Udeze
14-Bears-Vince Willfork
15-Bucs-Kevin Jones
16-49ers-Reggie Williams
17-Bengals-Will Smith
18-Saints-D.J. Williams
19-Dolphins-Shawn Andrews
20-Dolphins-Rashaun Woods
21-Patriots-Randy Starks
22-Cowboys-Chris Perry
23-Seahawks-Michael Clayton
24-Broncos-Ben Troupe
25-Packers-Phillip Rivers
26-Titans-Jake Grove
27-Rams-Lee Evans
28-Eagles-Michael Jenkins
29-Colts-Will Poole
30-Chiefs-Jonathan Vilma
31-Panthers-Vernon Carey
32-Patriots-Michael Turner

While it's hard for the Fins to pass up Rivers, the need for OL and WR is too great.

I don't see Andrews making it past the Bucs and I'm starting to view him as bust material. Woods would be the best pick with the big four gone. Grove or Carey also makes sense.

I am sure Miami and Minnesota have talked regarding Ogun. Minnesota would be a good fit and from their perspective I would think they would be happy to get a DE of his quality for the 19th pick.

Would Miami take the 19th selection for Wally? hmmmm I think they would , however they probably would wait to see how the draft unfolds making the trade if the player(s) they want were still there..... there is no hurry with Ogun , although he is counting against the cap right now , so that may come into play but I doubt it.

Regardless of what happens it will be interesting to follow and I think Miami may not make a move till draft day.

How about the 19th and 4th rd in 2005! Sounds good to me!

I don't see Andrews making it past the Bucs and I'm starting to view him as bust material. Woods would be the best pick with the big four gone. Grove or Carey also makes sense.

I doubt the Bucs would take Andrews. They already have Oben and Deese at tackle and are still pursuing O. Brown.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

The Bucs are good to go as far as OTs are concerned. They had Roman Oben & Kenyatta Walker, & they signed Derrick Deese & Matt Stinchcomb. That's pretty much a full deck.

but they did let cosey coleman go, and havent people said andrews could play inside?

I guess you guys think we are set at QB I think we are weak at QB

I'm not saying we're set at QB, but I think the opinions that matter most (DW and RS) think we're set at QB.

I forgot all about Derrick Deese... :shakeno:

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
but they did let cosey coleman go, and havent people said andrews could play inside?

They've got pretty decent guards too with Kerry Jenkins & Jason Whittle. I think there's also been talk of moving Deese inside if he can't win a tackle job.

Why does everyone want to get rid of O-Gun so bad. We need him more than we need a wide reciever, we have the best duo of the DEs in the league, so lets keep it that way.

Because we have to sacrifice some defense for some offense. Here's our best opportunity to get something back in return. Ogunleye isn't vital to our defense like Taylor, Surtain, & Madison are. We haven't made the playoffs with Ogunleye & we have the two years before with lesser players.

Back
Top Bottom