Trading Down?.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Down?..

AllRiteMiami

Rookie
Reaction score
We should seriously consider trading down if Huff/Greenway/Cutler are off the board when we are on the clock..The talent is good in this draft for the positions we need and we will benefit from trading down tremendously. Im thinkin maybe we work a deal with Carolina or a team whos eager to move up and send our 1st and 4th for there 1st and 2nd?..Just think of the options it gives us as far as getting a quality QB along with the other spots we need. This may be the way to go. Thoughts?....

You're right in that we should consider it, with the on caveat being that just because we want to trade down it doesn't mean we can. There has to be someone on the board that some team has a serious woody for.

AllRiteMiami said:
We should seriously consider trading down if Huff/Greenway/Cutler are off the board when we are on the clock..The talent is good in this draft for the positions we need and we will benefit from trading down tremendously. Im thinkin maybe we work a deal with Carolina or a team whos eager to move up and send our 1st and 4th for there 1st and 2nd?..Just think of the options it gives us as far as getting a quality QB along with the other spots we need. This may be the way to go. Thoughts?....

i agree in that case if huff is gone but i wonder if we trade down would we be in position to get D'Qwell Jackson and take him.that wouldbe sweet:D

I'd take Jimmy Williams at #16 if he was still there...and if Huff, Greenway, & Cutler were gone...

If all those guys are off the board that means someone else worth taking probally slid down to our spot

Alex22 said:
If all those guys are off the board that means someone else worth taking probally slid down to our spot

Not necessarily. These guys are all top 15 quality picks.

If those guys are off the board, who is really gonna want to trade down to us?

I heard somewhere(no link) that Washington wants to get back into the 1st. Would anybody like a 2rd and an '07 1st for #16(they traded a 3rd and a 1st for #25 last year)

Well I would rather take Winston Justice anyway. However if there all gone I think drop a few spots and pick up Ko Simpon. I honestly think think Justice will be there and we take him. How do you pass up what could be a Pro Bowl Left Tackle for years?

Skeet84 said:
Well I would rather take Winston Justice anyway. However if there all gone I think drop a few spots and pick up Ko Simpon. I honestly think think Justice will be there and we take him. How do you pass up what could be a Pro Bowl Left Tackle for years?
he's never even played left tackle. not so sure about that. i like jon scott more.

Juan Cribbs said:
he's never even played left tackle. not so sure about that. i like jon scott more.

He did play some Left Tackle. He protected Matt Lienart Blind side so he would be moved to Left Tackle in the NFL and I am sorry if having a possible pro bowl right tackle is such a horrible idea.

if i'm not mistaken, he's never played LT, and he would've played RT whether the quarterback was a lefty or not. i think i read something about that somewhere. any USC fans here?

I think that we have enough needs (QB, SS, CB, LB, OT, C) that there should be a good value pick that fits a need at the 16 spot if there isn't then trading down is definately an option

@@@@@ said:
I think that we have enough needs (QB, SS, CB, LB, OT, C) that there should be a good value pick that fits a need at the 16 spot if there isn't then trading down is definately an option
Agreed, Although I think QB is our most pressing need that must be addressed this off season.

I'm all for trading down and getting an extra 2nd if posible...that is if Greenway and Huff are both gone.With 4 picks on day one Nick could get us a QB,a LB and a LT and maybe Nick Mangold too.And of course if we do trade Ricky for a 1st then imagine what we can do with 2 1sts and 2 2nd round picks plus a 3rd? Wow

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom