Trading Down?.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Down?..

Skeet84 said:
He did play some Left Tackle. He protected Matt Lienart Blind side so he would be moved to Left Tackle in the NFL and I am sorry if having a possible pro bowl right tackle is such a horrible idea.
Just because he protected Leinart's blindside does'nt mean he could flip to left tackle. Even though Leinart is a lefty the right side of the line was still the strong side. Justice had help from tight ends more often then he would have playing the left side.

We already have a right tackle. LEt Houck spin some magic with what we already have...like he did last year. Another year of coaching up will improve our O-line even more. Besides, we need a right guard a heck of a lot more then we need a right tackle.

I'd pick a safety, a linebacker, a corner, right guard, or a Q.B. (as long as the value is there) before I took a tackle not named Ferguson.

There is a ton of value at the tackle spot this year. We can get a good tackle later in the draft (3rd round) and let Houck coach the hell out of him.

On the trade down front...I'm all for it, under a few conditions.

If the usual supects (Greenway, Huff, Cutler etc.) are off the board and the value is not there then hell yeah...move down. I would'nt move down too far though...late 1st/early 2nd.

I'd demand a premium though...another day one pick, a 4th rounder (4th round picks are VERY valuable) and pick in the '07 draft...at least a 2nd.

We'd have to find a partner though. The only reason a team would want to pay a premium is if someone is sliding or a really good player is still there. If that is the case we'd probably end up picking that player anyway.

My DREAM scenerio is Vince Young slides to us (not out of the question) and some team comes to us, hat in hand and we can FLEECE them for picks this year and next.

Well he has played at Left Tackle. We need a Left tackle and is it out of the releam of possiblity that they moved him to right tackle so he could protect Matt Lienart? You can only coach an Offensive line so much before some talent comes into play. We don't have a Left Tackle and that is an area of need. Besides Houdson Houck is a Great Oline coach and do you honestly doubt that he could not help Winston Justice make that transition?

There is so much talent in the late first and early 2nd that it wouldnt be a bad idea to trade down, especially if we can pull off what Denver did last year.

Back
Top Bottom