trading down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

trading down?

skimarino13

Scout Team
Reaction score
If there is no one specific we want at #16, i think we can get a lot for trading down. The colts need a rb, and there are 2 stud wr's that people could want to trade up with us to get. i would love to get bacck a 2nd rounder, or a first rounder for next year for simply trading down

Trading down is a great idea. Th problem is finding someone to trade down with. Holmes and Jackson could be gone before our pick, and the Colts probably won't trade up because one of the big four RBs is likely to fall to them.

Flyer22 said:
Trading down is a great idea. Th problem is finding someone to trade down with. Holmes and Jackson could be gone before our pick, and the Colts probably won't trade up because one of the big four RBs is likely to fall to them.

:yes: I agree

the new trade down scenario ive been thinking about has been with the giants. they want an OLB. there will be an OLB such as ryans there but im hoping they covet greenway more and want to trade up for him. a 2nd and 5th i think would be great. at 25th we have alot of options. mangold, DB, OL.

motioncityhifi said:
the new trade down scenario ive been thinking about has been with the giants. they want an OLB. there will be an OLB such as ryans there but im hoping they covet greenway more and want to trade up for him. a 2nd and 5th i think would be great. at 25th we have alot of options. mangold, DB, OL.

Their in pretty good position for Carpenter though.

I'd absolutely love to trade down, but I think doing it might be difficult.

According to Draft Value Charts, the approximate value of #16 would be like a late 1st/late 2nd or an early 2nd and 3rd. I doubt we'd get that, though.

If the phins decide to trade down with somebody i hope they can get a 2nd rd or 3rd pick to go along with it...we all need some picks in those rounds

I would think there will be some trade down opportunities. There is some talk that Cutler may fall. Oakland drafted Walter last year and may consider Cutler similar to Walter. Detroit just brought in two QB's. The thought is Denny Green is not going to want to groom a young QB. Hence, Cutler could start falling. Minnesota at 17 would be figured to be interested in Cutler. So, another team below Minnesota may want to move up ahead of Minnesota to grab him. Who knows, if the Jets take D'Brickashaw, maybe they'd move up for Cutler. They supposedly have him ranked highly.

I would also think that the Colts may be hot after Deangelo Williams, the RB out of Memphis. I think the Colts better have higher aspirations than waiting for Monroney to fall to them. All they have is Dom Rhodes. They should be thinking about moving up for Deangelo.

Santonio Holmes may also be a desired commodity. If a team falls in love with a player and wants him badly, we may be able to trade down.

Maybe we could get the Colts 1st and 2nd round picks for the 16th pick.

i would love that trade austin. Getting there 1st and 2nd rd would be great and i think help in the long run. I sure would love to snag a young cb/saftey in the late 1st rd and maybe a ol or lb with that 2nd rd pick if it ever happens.

Back
Top Bottom