Trading Players for Draft Pics | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Players for Draft Pics

305finforlife

Starter
Reaction score
I see that their are a lot of players that we all want to be future DOLPHINS, but not enough pics. So which players should we trade or re-sign and trade for draft pics.

Here are my choices:
LB Spragan (3rd or 4th)
DT Zgonia (4th)
CB Sam Madison (Not really 2nd or 3rd)
WR Booker (only for a 2nd) and cause we can sign Randle El for the Low

Qb Sage (5th or 6th)
RB Sammy Morris (only for a 3rd or 4th)
RB Travis Minor (6th or 7th)
SS T. Jones (4th or 5th)
CB Howard (Just get him out of here i will take a 7th)

Red means only will trade if the price is right

I know it sounds like a dream, but hay dats why we have mock drafts

Minor, Morris, & Rosenfels are all free agents. IMO your dream is really over-valueing backups (Spragnan & Zgonina), an old player coming off injury & salary cap cut (Tebucky), plus a guy who's going to be cut & sucks (Howard). Don't see us getting anything more than 7th rounders for any, and that would be a steal for Miami.

305finforlife said:
I see that their are a lot of players that we all want to be future DOLPHINS, but not enough pics. So which players should we trade or re-sign and trade for draft pics.

Here are my choices:
LB Spragan (3rd or 4th)
DT Zgonia (4th)

Qb Sage (5th or 6th)
SS T. Jones (4th or 5th)

The Saints couldnt get a 6th for T. Jones last year. So I dont think we could get anything for him this year after an injured season...

Umm.. why trade some of these guys? You do want to compete right?

Out of all those guys the only ones I can see being traded are Madison, Zgonina, and Booker and the chances of those guys is even pretty remote. Madison has a huge cap number and I doubt anyone would take that on when he will probably be cut, Zgonina could probably land us a late round pick but probably isn't worth giving up for that, and Booker has a pretty high cap number as well and won't fetch much.

With a deep draft, this would be a good year to get some extra picks. I think Ricky Williams and Sam Madison are the most likely to be traded. I hope Miami can get a second rounder for Ricky. I think Madison might bring about a 4th at this point in his career, especially if Surtain only garnered a #2.

i think we can nab a 3rd from a team that feels they are one sloid corner away from the superbowl or playoffs like madiosn said Kc or atlanta he would help immeadiatly

i dont think randle el i dont think wont be going anywhere

i wouldnt mind trading eddie moore and derrick pope for lower draft picks. Because i think saban would be able to replace them with players that would fit his system better.

PhinsRDbest said:
i wouldnt mind trading eddie moore and derrick pope for lower draft picks. Because i think saban would be able to replace them with players that would fit his system better.

Dude, wake up.. noone is going to give up picks for them.. here are the only players that we should trade, given the right draft pick..

Zach - late 1st - early 2nd... it would never happen but put him out there... mabey someone will be stupid

Madison- 2nd or 3rd.. its possible

Ricky - 1st round.. hate the idea of trading him.. if someone offers us a late 1st for him, do it...

Booker - late 2nd early 3rd.. we could fill his spot in FA...

305finforlife said:

Here are my choices:
LB Spragan (3rd or 4th)
DT Zgonia (4th)

Qb Sage (5th or 6th)
SS T. Jones (4th or 5th)

Is this a joke or do you really believe Miami could convince another team to give up any of those proposed draft picks for those players?

If you do then you need help... good luck!

Eshlemon said:
Minor, Morris, & Rosenfels are all free agents. IMO your dream is really over-valueing backups (Spragnan & Zgonina), an old player coming off injury & salary cap cut (Tebucky), plus a guy who's going to be cut & sucks (Howard). Don't see us getting anything more than 7th rounders for any, and that would be a steal for Miami.
I couldn't have say it any better myself....it is a pipe dream....I've seen some but I think this one is the biggest of them all.... :sidelol:

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom