Trading up | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading up

Ok here it is
I am a season ticket holder and i sit in section 410
I am willing to bet my tickets for the 2nd pre season game of 2006.

Dolfan11 said:
Am I the only one who would not like to draft Vince Young. I don't think he's fit for the Dolphins. As for trading up, I would rather trade down and get more picks.

Yes, I would hope so anyway... Vince Young is the best case scenario for the dolphins in this draft, is it going to happen, probably not, will Vince Young's stock drop far enough for the Dolphins to get a chance at the kid? Probably not.

I'm a High School Football Coach, and I will use the same categorical breakdown when I scout players and apply it to why Young will suceed at the pro level.

there are 3 thing you look for when rating a QB I will use the A-F grading scale and then compare it to the next best competitor coming out of the draft:

1. Physical Attributes: A+
- His 6'5" 235lbs frame is perfect for the position, his 4.4 - 4.5 40 speed is amazing for that frame. Even though I've heard he has been clocked at mike vick, matt jones style speeds (4.3 range). This means you basically have Daunte Culpepper potential with Mike Vick explosiveness.

Who is second best in the draft in this department, hands down Charlie Whitehurst. followed by Leinart, Cutler, and Croyle, with Jacobs creeping in there as well...

As far as comparing this to Drew Brees to qoute "Full metal Jacket" i didnt think they stacked Sh*t that high"

2. Position Mechanics and Abilities: A-
-Young's arm strength has never been in question, his accuracy has never been questioned either, the only thing they bring up about the kid is that he has an odd throwing mechanic, one that has been tried to get coached out of him by the QB coach at texas. One that was never succesfully removed, to this i say "THANK GOD" and so does the rest of the faculty at UT. believe me, the kid throws which such a unique and graceful motion, that it increases his accuracy by a factor of 10 over most QB's... Our program was given comp entrance to the College QB challenge, and anyone else who had the pleasure of attending saw that Young was the only one who succesfully hit the long acuracy route, and the quick tire throws, no one else even came close.

Young is the safest bet at QB leaving college since Payton Manning. Hand down, anyone who disagrees better have some solid foundations for their arguments. Or should i direct you to the tape of the last 2 rose bowls.

Last thing on point 2, Dan Marino had a similar "Slingin" motion as to Young, no one ever tried to coach that out of him.

Next best on the list probably, Cutler, Leinart, Whitehurst, Croyle, Jacobs, Vick. In that order.

3. Intangibles: A++

Whatever "it" is, no one else has "it" like Vince Young does, i would go as far to say that no has had this much "it" coming out of college since Hershell Walker, Payton Manning, etc... Even though Vince has done 5 times as much for the collegiate game than those two put together.

The guy is beyond special...

and if i could pick one coach to groom him into a superstar, i would pick Mike Mularky based on his track record with Kordell.

If it happens we might not win it next year, but we'll win the next 3 after that.

im not gonna review, pardon the typos, just from the heart, i support the roxin, his insights are braver than any of the other guys flaming on him...

Danny said:
If anything Nick will move down, specially if we get Brees and Bentley....he'd use the draft to get younger on defence imo......if Greenway and Huff are both gone....I think Nick will look hard at Lawson, Carpenter and Watson at 16....that's just my opinion.

Ozzy rules!!

Totally agree. Lawson, Carpenter and Watson would be perfect fits for what Saban wants to do. Greenway is #1 on my list, but I keep hearing SF wants him at #7. If they pass, I don't see him getting past Cleveland. The Browns are competing for the same type of players Saban wants.

ronrevog said:
Yes, I would hope so anyway... Vince Young is the best case scenario for the dolphins in this draft, is it going to happen, probably not, will Vince Young's stock drop far enough for the Dolphins to get a chance at the kid? Probably not.

I'm a High School Football Coach, and I will use the same categorical breakdown when I scout players and apply it to why Young will suceed at the pro level.

there are 3 thing you look for when rating a QB I will use the A-F grading scale and then compare it to the next best competitor coming out of the draft:

1. Physical Attributes: A+
- His 6'5" 235lbs frame is perfect for the position, his 4.4 - 4.5 40 speed is amazing for that frame. Even though I've heard he has been clocked at mike vick, matt jones style speeds (4.3 range). This means you basically have Daunte Culpepper potential with Mike Vick explosiveness.

Who is second best in the draft in this department, hands down Charlie Whitehurst. followed by Leinart, Cutler, and Croyle, with Jacobs creeping in there as well...

As far as comparing this to Drew Brees to qoute "Full metal Jacket" i didnt think they stacked Sh*t that high"

2. Position Mechanics and Abilities: A-
-Young's arm strength has never been in question, his accuracy has never been questioned either, the only thing they bring up about the kid is that he has an odd throwing mechanic, one that has been tried to get coached out of him by the QB coach at texas. One that was never succesfully removed, to this i say "THANK GOD" and so does the rest of the faculty at UT. believe me, the kid throws which such a unique and graceful motion, that it increases his accuracy by a factor of 10 over most QB's... Our program was given comp entrance to the College QB challenge, and anyone else who had the pleasure of attending saw that Young was the only one who succesfully hit the long acuracy route, and the quick tire throws, no one else even came close.

Young is the safest bet at QB leaving college since Payton Manning. Hand down, anyone who disagrees better have some solid foundations for their arguments. Or should i direct you to the tape of the last 2 rose bowls.

Last thing on point 2, Dan Marino had a similar "Slingin" motion as to Young, no one ever tried to coach that out of him.

Next best on the list probably, Cutler, Leinart, Whitehurst, Croyle, Jacobs, Vick. In that order.

3. Intangibles: A++

Whatever "it" is, no one else has "it" like Vince Young does, i would go as far to say that no has had this much "it" coming out of college since Hershell Walker, Payton Manning, etc... Even though Vince has done 5 times as much for the collegiate game than those two put together.

The guy is beyond special...

and if i could pick one coach to groom him into a superstar, i would pick Mike Mularky based on his track record with Kordell.

If it happens we might not win it next year, but we'll win the next 3 after that.

im not gonna review, pardon the typos, just from the heart, i support the roxin, his insights are braver than any of the other guys flaming on him...

I agree. The guy was absolutely dominant in both Rose Bowl games and had to be spectaular for his team to win both of those games. I would absolutely love it if Miami got Young. Above all, the guy is a winner.

Mr Ron thank you for your support
btw its spelled Rixon

ronrevog said:
Yes, I would hope so anyway... Vince Young is the best case scenario for the dolphins in this draft,

Strongly disagree.

His insights are "braver"??? By saying theres a deal in the works and he's sorry he has to be so "mysterious"???

Yeah okay

Back
Top Bottom