Trading with San Diego | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading with San Diego

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The draft is not an exact science. So what you have to do is play the odds so to speak. What are your best chances? A # 20 or two picks in the upper 2nd round. Well, I will argue that two picks in the 2nd round would be better. There is not a huge drop off in value and you can get one more very talented player.

This SI story did not just randomly occur with Miami included. That could be any other team in the league. That writer has been clued in on something, and I challenge you investigative reporters out there in phin world to find out where he got such speculation.

No, Miami didn't just get mentioned by hypothetical means.

Make the trade Rick. Value abounds in the 2nd round.

Lee2000

well, that's one route to go. The other is to see where we're at with O-gun. If we can't resign him long term, it would be in our best interest to trade up with him and our first, and a late pick this year or next This would allow us a shot at a top tier QB, or a trade down for a first and 2nd round pick, depending on ho much we spend ot move up. I'd rather do that than trade out of hte first. Let O-gun go if he's leaving next year anyway, in the process we can get a top tier talent, AND a 2nd round pick to snag OL.

trade ogun to the redskins for the 5th, trade teh 5th to the patriots for the 21st and 32nd. trade the 20th for the 34th and 35th, then Miami has the 21st, 32nd, 34th and 35th pick in the draft.

the Number 5, (Gallery Taylor, a QB, Roy Williams) for 2 late first rounders.

Having 2 2nd round picks would be nice. Of course not having a 1st would suck.I guess is all about who's left on the board. I trust Rick.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
trade ogun to the redskins for the 5th, trade teh 5th to the patriots for the 21st and 32nd. trade the 20th for the 34th and 35th, then Miami has the 21st, 32nd, 34th and 35th pick in the draft.

god I hope you were kidding.

How can you get 2 high first round picks out of the No.20 pick?

Even if it matches up value wise, there are only 3 teams with 2 seconds, and all of them are in the second half of the round and later.

2 mid 30's picks is much better than one 20 pick. But it depends what you think is value. This draft is stacked, but you don't want to move yourself down to the point where you miss out on the guys you want - Smiley, Evans, Jones, etc.

It's very delicate and Rick will kick himself if he sees Andrews on the board at 20 when he has traded down to 35 and 36 and then has to take Rogers, a one dimensional tackle who can't play G - so what happens when McIntosh is healthy....and Schweigert, who is overrated to my mind?

A dilemma to be sure.

There's no way we'd get San Diego's second and the second they received from the Giants for the #20 unless we were giving them more than just the 20. We could probably get their second and third for it if they were interested.

If we can get something for Ogunleye, then get some value for him. Anyways, an early 2nd and another second rounder is worth trading our 1st for in my opinion. I have a feeling we could snatch a solid OL and a WR late in the second that could cause some noise. Remember where Tyrone Calico and A. Boldin were drafted last year?

One thing's for sure.This is the most unpredictible draft that I can remember and I've seen them all since ESPN started carrying it a long time ago.Not only that, but we really don't know what our team is doing either. Then again every year we think we know who we'll take just to see Wanny trow us a curve ball(Fletcher-Moore)but this could be the year when we actuallt take a player that most people here want.I think people like Andrews, Smiley and Evans. Any of those 3 and "most" people here will be happy and not shocked like the last few years.

Ozzy rules!!

Every draft is unpredictable, people just tend to forget that once the next year rolls around.

I know but there are players all over the boards this year. I guess having a 1st rounder is actuallt adding to it all.

Ozzy rules!!

yea, I was joking, but it would be fun. Wouldn't that be sweet. 4 picks in the first 35 picks.

Back
Top Bottom