Training Camp Dates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Dates

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that our training camps dates for Vets to show up is later than every other team in the league except for the Colts, Eagles, and Bucs?? Why is this?? Are we that confident that we don't need the extra practice with our Vets, or is it that most of the other teams over-emphasize practice??

Heres the link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/campschedule.html

Originally posted by chambers84
Has anyone noticed that our training camps dates for Vets to show up is later than every other team in the league except for the Colts, Eagles, and Bucs?? Why is this?? Are we that confident that we don't need the extra practice with our Vets, or is it that most of the other teams over-emphasize practice??

Because of the heat in Miami. If we run our vets into the ground in August then they will have nothing left come October.

Also, I beleive we have a more rigorous pre-season schedule than other teams. If I remember right... we have a span of four days in which we have two preseason games. One against the Bucs and one against the Titans. We will also be holding joint practices/scrimmages with both teams... so I think we will be plenty prepared come regular season.

But, the heat is another good reason to take as many summer days off as possible.

In addition, the Dolphins mini-camp lasts longer than any other team's.

July 28th I'll be there....Damn how many more days until pre-season?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point about the heat, I guess living here in Alaska the last 2 years, I kinda forget about the hot weather in the lower 48.

DW said that most of our studs won't see much if any time against Tampa Bay. Too bad because it's gonna be on ESPN. NFL needs to keep their noses out of the preseason schedule to avoid this crap.

Back
Top Bottom