Training camp preview: Make-or-break decisions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training camp preview: Make-or-break decisions

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Training camp preview: Make-or-break decisions

Dave Wannstedt, Dolphins: A.J. Feeley or Jay Fiedler?

With the great expectations placed on the Dolphins the past two seasons, Wannstedt couldn't steer them into the playoffs, and a major part of the problem was finding enough consistency and punch in the passing game to keep teams from consistently stacking the box against Ricky Williams. Fiedler is a gritty, competitive leader whom coaches love, but Feeley has the better chance to be a more prolific passer working with receivers Chris Chambers and David Boston. Though Fiedler's combined fire and ice might limit risk, Feeley's arm and attitude can provide bigger rewards.

:horsey:

Did I read that correctly???? :confused:

Flutie may be available :eek:

I cant believe we traded for AJ when flukie could have been an option :cry:

Perhaps we should trade CC and AJ for him :roflmao:

Im sure your opinon will change when Feeley controls the offense. He will be great and will do wonders on offense

Fiedler is a gritty, competitive leader whom coaches love, but Feeley has the better chance to be a more prolific passer working with receivers Chris Chambers and David Boston. Though Fiedler's combined fire and ice might limit risk, Feeley's arm and attitude can provide bigger rewards.

:biggrin:

Feeley has the better chance to be a more prolific passer working with receivers Chris Chambers and David Boston. Though Fiedler's combined fire and ice might limit risk, Feeley's arm and attitude can provide bigger rewards.

Sounds familiar. Remember folks, you heard it here first: if Feeley's completion percentage equals or surpasses Jay in the preseason, Feeley will win the job because of his arm.

DrAstroZoom said:
Sounds familiar. Remember folks, you heard it here first: if Feeley's completion percentage equals or surpasses Jay in the preseason, Feeley will win the job because of his arm.
I would say if Feeleys percentage is a lil lower hell get it to. They brought him to play, not to sit. Its his job to loose despite what evry1 thinks.

It's not going to be about completion percentage.

It's going to be about moving the chains and putting points on the board. QB that does that more consistently will be the one who wins the job...

--Ross

I live in the Philly area and a buddy of mine who's a bigtime Eagles fan was telling me how great he thinks Feeley is going to be. He talked about the pressure situations Feeley was in when he started that stretch for Philly and told me how impressed he was with him. I realize this may not be too encouraging for everyone, but A LOT of fans around here really were high on AJ; it's early, and I know people are thinking Feeley was a waste of a draft pick, but if Feeley can come in and be even slightly better than Fiedler, that should get us into the playoffs. Throw DBoston into the mix and maybe we can get somewhere.
It used to be(with the exception of Marino) a QB had to take years to develop. Recent history (Brady, Delhomme, Warner) has gone to show young guys can come out of the gate quickly if they have the right people around them. Miami has the D and some good skill people; if that O-line can hold up, who knows? I don't mean to sound like a homer, I'm just trying to be optimistic (which usually I am not able to do)

I have also heard nothing but good things about Feely. I have some friends that are Philly fans.

Back
Top Bottom