Training Camp Preview: The Quarterbacks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Preview: The Quarterbacks

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Training Camp Preview: The Quarterbacks

As we count down the final days of the offseason prior to the start of Camp Dolphins 2004 on July 31, Head Coach Dave Wannstedt looks ahead to the upcoming season with a series of team previews. Today, Coach Wannstedt gives an overall look at the quarterback position.

I don't blame Dave so much as the Web site. What are these previews supposed to accomplish? Who in their right mind expects Dave to be candid and/or insightful on his EMPLOYER'S WEBSITE?

ckparrothead said:
Interesting...Dave said virtually nothing of value.

Really Ck, at this point what is he suppose to say, I'm starting Jay because of his experience..and he's a winner..the biggest point out of that whole interview is he said COMPETITION. I actually thought it was Jay's job with him and that competition is only for newspapers and fans. He really can't said much, but he did give AJ some props on the deep ball, think they've been looking at that...the other big point in his presentation is he talked about AJ's physical attributes, arm strenght, touch passes, accuracy, but said nothing of Jay's ability other than he's a winner. Big sound bites in a small presentation.

it is not an article that someone on this board or even someone who reads the Phins articles in the local SFla papers c/appreciate. If you know very little about what's going in in Phinland, it w/b helpful :hmmm:

Dave has always had issues with QB's. Look at what he did in Chicago with miller, mirer, and the other QB's. He didn't know who to start when to pull them. He doesn't know how to coach an offense, and a QB. That is his downfall. Honestly I like his even kiel approach, but let the offensive coach's coach!

dolphan39 said:
it is not an article that someone on this board or even someone who reads the Phins articles in the local SFla papers c/appreciate. If you know very little about what's going in in Phinland, it w/b helpful :hmmm:
Good point.....

I guess this means the next round of articles by Prisco and his ilk, will say that Dave is impressed with Feeley's arm strength and accuracy. :lol:

Perhaps the most telling thing in that article is the order in which he discusses the QBs.

VManis said:
Perhaps the most telling thing in that article is the order in which he discusses the QBs.

good point..he even threw clint in there to cover for Sage..but it's funny to say Sage has no experience, when AJ only have 5 games, 2 years ago..and no games in 03, at least Sage played in 03 and got the dolphins their only TD against Tenn.

Now THAT is a good point, although in all likelihood he just talked about AJ first because he's the new acquisition.

Dave didn't say anything in there that he hadn't said about 50 times before, including the competition part, which he has expounded upon way further in the past going as far as saying the preseason game tapes and stats won't lie, and comparing the competition to when Jay won the job over Huard ("Do you know how many touchdowns we scored with Huard in at quarterback during the preseason? None")

The whole thing tells us exactly what we know and have heard before. Dave's under pressure to put AJ on the field and so they are going to have a competition to see who wins the start. And Sage is a good quarterback, honest. We just keep screwing him over because we, uh...well, he's a good quarterback though...

Back
Top Bottom