Travis Daniels | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Daniels

Ark139954

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Did anyone see they Matt Jones highlight from the senior bowl? Well his catches we being made again, guess who..... Travis Daniels. He didnt look to good but i hope Saban knows what he can really do.

with his size and his speed (4.3 40) he can burn anybody I think he will do well with the Jags

Ark139954 said:
Did anyone see they Matt Jones highlight from the senior bowl? Well his catches we being made again, guess who..... Travis Daniels. He didnt look to good but i hope Saban knows what he can really do.

"Travis Daniels of LSU had a very good week, and was quicker than most thought he was. He was much more impressive than his college teammate Corey Webster, who really did some damage to his stock this week. Webster lacks a lot of polish, and was beaten routinely this week. He’s got the physical ability, but he really needs work at the next level. He entered the game as a top corner, and he may have left the week being a late second, early third rounder."

This was a review I found of the Senior Bowl regarding defensive prospects, I didn't notice which LSU corner was covering Matt Jones but are you sure it wasn't Corey Webster?

Mat Jones is a freak and will be difficult for any corner to cover.

All im saying is that he didnt get burnt by him he didnt even know where teh ball was. Maybe you guys r right maybe it was just b/c it was matt jones.

I was going to bring this up but people tend to overreact to such critisism. This is why Jones ended up being a 18 pick. Daniels played him tough because they asked him to. He certainly showed that. Its just that Jones is 6'6" and 240+. What do you think would happen to Patrick Surtain if he was told to play him tough? Answere: the same thing. You simply cannot expect a CB to take on a guy that size with that speed and heighth. That is why people were making such a huge deal about Jones. Jones is going to be a threat, plain and simple.

he wasn't burnt... matt jones had 2 catches for 13 yards, i would say you can hardly classify that as burning anyone...

finfan54 said:
I was going to bring this up but people tend to overreact to such critisism. This is why Jones ended up being a 18 pick. Daniels played him tough because they asked him to. He certainly showed that. Its just that Jones is 6'6" and 240+. What do you think would happen to Patrick Surtain if he was told to play him tough? Answere: the same thing. You simply cannot expect a CB to take on a guy that size with that speed and heighth. That is why people were making such a huge deal about Jones. Jones is going to be a threat, plain and simple.
I was gna say exactly the same thing. Premier corners in the NFL like Bailey, Woodson, Surtain would all struggle. Even PrimeTime himslef would have struggled.

i hate these kind of threads..., for goodness sakes..., Daniels was picked in the 4th rd not the 1st...

arsenal said:
he wasn't burnt... matt jones had 2 catches for 13 yards, i would say you can hardly classify that as burning anyone...

and one of the catches was that incredible one hander

Back
Top Bottom