Travis Henry/ESPN The Magazine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Henry/ESPN The Magazine

!PapaCrunk81!

'Cocaine and Toupes'
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Pretty good article w/ Travis Henry in the newest (Barry Bonds on the cover) ESPN The Mag. It focuses on him and the situation w/ Mcghee (sp.) I've always had respect for the Henry, and it's too bad the situation he's been put in. I can understand both sides of the coin, but Henry is a franchise player, as he states in the article. Not starting a flame thing-o-mo-bob, but what are some Bills fans opinion on this situation. In the article he doesn't see both of them here next year, and he doesn't think he'll be the one they choose. It's unfortunate for him, since they talk about him being a big time Bills fan all of his life. The bad thing is, (as a DOlphins fan of course,) that he is going to use this year to run rampant and either do it to show why they should keep him, or why a different team should sign him. IMO Bills H.O should wise up and stick w/ their franchise back. Other thoughts??

::edit:::
yes, I know, fellow Dolphins fans, we have Ricky Williams, whom I'd rather have over Henry, but in a perfect world, I'd take both backs. I'm wishy washy:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by VictorVonCrunk
Pretty good article w/ Travis Henry in the newest (Barry Bonds on the cover) ESPN The Mag. It focuses on him and the situation w/ Mcghee (sp.) I've always had respect for the Henry, and it's too bad the situation he's been put in. I can understand both sides of the coin, but Henry is a franchise player, as he states in the article. Not starting a flame thing-o-mo-bob, but what are some Bills fans opinion on this situation. In the article he doesn't see both of them here next year, and he doesn't think he'll be the one they choose. It's unfortunate for him, since they talk about him being a big time Bills fan all of his life. The bad thing is, (as a DOlphins fan of course,) that he is going to use this year to run rampant and either do it to show why they should keep him, or why a different team should sign him. IMO Bills H.O should wise up and stick w/ their franchise back. Other thoughts??

::edit:::
yes, I know, fellow Dolphins fans, we have Ricky Williams, whom I'd rather have over Henry, but in a perfect world, I'd take both backs. I'm wishy washy:D

I'm with ya on this one Vic...Travis Henry is one of my favorite Bills, and he's earned the job...he works his *** off and deserves more...yes he fumbles, but I can live with that as long as it's accompanied by 1400+ yards:) ...so far he hasnt fumbled yet....knock on wood

Autthor doesn't have his facts straight, if you would have listened to the Howard Simon Show in Buffalo today, you would have heard from Jeff Morrsion who knows more about the Bills than any ESPN reporter or Buffalo Media guy probably.... that TH is completely over it, and he (Henry) was actually angry today at how the article portrayed him (incorrectly).

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Autthor doesn't have his facts straight, if you would have listened to the Howard Simon Show in Buffalo today, you would have heard from Jeff Morrsion who knows more about the Bills than any ESPN reporter or Buffalo Media guy probably.... that TH is completely over it, and he (Henry) was actually angry today at how the article portrayed him (incorrectly).

Sorry, MR, but the writer(seth whats his name)was on WGR55 and stated the truth. TH said it a day or 2 b4 the opener. Doesn't sound like TH is really happy. But that makes him want to make the best of the year. Better check for spelling, Lord knows Fin fans will

Well, idk, TH said that he never said a lot of those thing sthat were reported and portrayed the wrong image of him. He is seriously upset about it.

I think that since the NFL is a business, TH will play his heart out rack up some yards, and (the Bills)get that 1st round pick in a trade. Seems like it's a sticky situation since the best bet for Mcgehee(still too lazy to look up spelling) to be traded, is if he got some playing time, which would seem to be in 3rd down situations later this year, and really shines in those limited rep. I think the important thing is that both of them can't really be on the same team with their shared talent. SO who is the trading bait for a great pick or two---TH or Mcghehee?? I guess it's too early to tell, really.

yep, too early. But if McGahee is 100% when he returns, and shows old form, TH is out the door. 1400 yard back or not, McGahee's potential is worth keeping, and trading Henry when he's starting to peak is the most we can expect

TH claims that the SI writer put words in his mouth, not realy asking questions in an open manner, but phasing them in such a way that he was already giving the answer. "You must really be P.Oed at he Bills for drafting McGahee." I don't know if those are the reporters words, but that seems to be how TH portrays the interview. Unless the reporter has an audio recording we'll never know the truth. TH would never admit while he is a Bill to saying what the article says he said, and no reporter would admit to such shoddy journalistic technique. It's just like the "spitting incident." Neither side is going to admit they lied at this point.

If it's true, the only positive is that it should motivate Henry to play his best to audition for his next team. I don't like how the article starts, with TH low-riding in his gold Hummer, and the dramatic ending, TH driving away in said Hummer, with no sound coming out at all. Is that supposed to mean he's riding off in the sunset?

Back
Top Bottom