travis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

travis

TooDrkPark said:
Don't bet your $$$ on that...he is a versatile RB and is a good 3rd down receiver. You might see someone like Gordon or Morris gone. :confused:

Morris won't get cut cause he is 1 of 2 FB we have (Moa will get cut). Gordon probably won't get cut cause of his cost and lack of opportunity. Minor has had like 3 or 4 years to develop and he has only had a few good games for us. My guess is that either Minor or Kay Jay Harris will get cut.

Personally, I'd rather have Minor. He was a solid change of pace running back, first with Smith in 2001 and then with Ricky in 2002-2003. The problem with him is that he's just not an every-down back, but we don't have to worry about that with Ronnie Brown on board. I don't really care that Spielman wasted a third-round pick on Gordon, because there is nothing in his stats from previous years to prove he's any better than Minor.

Besides, Minor led the league in rushing for the Dolphins in my NFL 2K5 season. :D

Minor is gone. We saw what he's really capable of last year....nothing. I know he had that nice ypc average with Ricky but I think any of the other backs are capable of that and prolly more.

I might get crucified for this.. but I would get rid of Morris and Minor.. Last year only proved they arent the answer. Gordon got injured... but if healthy is an improvement or those 2 backs.

The battle will be between Kay-Jay and Mnor for the last RB spot, but they both might be gone. Remember, we also have three FB that are will compete for two spots as well. I see it more like this:

RB - Brown, Morris, Gordon
FB - Evans, Martin

Travis should go - "he gave his all..., let him find another team" to return kicks and back-up whoever...!

I look more for Minor to make the team since he is a good 3rd down back, and he is good on special teams. I think Saban will try and shop Gordon around and see if he can get a 4th or 5th round draft pick for him.

Back
Top Bottom