Trending Up: Miami Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trending Up: Miami Dolphins

Two things about this article tell me a lot.

1. Shouright/gravity has avoided it.

2. Wv has avoided it.

Understood. I don't know why we'd think this guy is right and LaCanfora is wrong. They're both opinion pieces that contradict each other. **** both of 'em TBH.

LaCanfora is wrong more than he is right. It also isn't a good look for LaCanfora when respectable writers/reporters like Barry Jackson and Jay Glazer call him out over his poor track record.

LaCanfora always seems to take the doom and gloom approach with Miami, and he hasn't picked the Dolphins to win a game since December 23, 2012. That is not a misprint, 2012 is the correct year. He picked the Dolphins to lose the last 17 straight games. Though of course some will just tell you he has no bias and is just being realistic. :lol:

Guys calm down.

The writers of this article obviously haven't seen the objective evidence demonstrating that Ryan Tannehill is an average QB, our oline is fine, and Tannehill is the true cause for all of our sack issues.

Can we get a WPA regression analysis of the journalist?

Aponte is the cap Guru and is the reason why the team is in good shape financially...

Why would anyone on the coaching staff want a 3-4 olb?

The team didn't suddenly have a great cap situation it was actually reported after last off-season as well...

Cap Guru, Capologist, whatever for her. So she can add numbers. Why do people act like she is a GOD.

That article, based on what I read in the quotes, is excellent. It tells a a balanced scale of optimism - our mixed talent, our potentially franchise QB, with our negatives, while hammering home all of our worst problems in a sarcastic and comedic way:

"Ireland committed professional suicide when he battled with coach Joe Philbin and team vice president Dawn Aponte while spending high draft picks and free agent dollars almost completely randomly. But he left a pretty good looking cadaver: The Dolphins came within a middle school crisis intervention between 300-pound professionals of reaching the playoffs, and the roster is scattered with talent. The Dolphins will have about $30 million to spend on free agency, and their top priority -- an offensive line so screwed up that Bryant McKinnie was a stabilizing influence --"

"Hickey inherits Ireland's final mixed blessing: A big budget and an even bigger shopping list."

Both these quotes hammer home two of our biggest problems with Ireland. It's not that he was so terrible, it's just that he was so painfully mediocre that we were stuck in a cycle.

Now this is good writing.

god article this guys is one of the few that seems to understand that our cap space is not a result of some great cap management and more of a product of not resigning our own people

I see the spin machine is in full swing.

After the draft stories came out about Ross asking his brain trust (Philbin and Co, Ireland and others) who THEY wanted in the draft: Dion Jordan. Now, suddenly, it was all Ireland. That certainly was a nice hand washing ceremony.

After free agency, the media labeled Ireland as a big spending GM blowing up our future cap in order to save his own job. Suddenly, we have a great cap situation and a roster full of talent. I guess their "Cap Prediction Machine" just got fixed in time to write the new version of the story.

Spin, spin, spin.

I'm not defending Ireland, but I'm also not blind to over dramatization of the facts to sell print.

Maybe, but that's not what it says in this article. Tanier bashes Ireland, and has for a while, for fixing one thing and messing up another, and basically not having a plan. This writer is consistent. He also mentions we may have a lot of cash to spend, but we also have a lot of FAs to resign.

Meanwhile, the media trend is to bash the Dolphins even further after the GM search, calling them dysfunctional and saying we'll have trouble attracting FAs, so I get what you're saying but it doesn't apply.

Back
Top Bottom